Cool video recorder (hardware) for Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by tharmsen, Aug 9, 2006.

1. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

2. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Looks neat.. wish I had the cash to blow on it. :(
  3. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Well, I just ordered one. I figured I would try this first before going with a Slingbox. I say that because I would use the Slingbox for my daily commute via train but cell reception is spotty at best. This would most likely be my most reliable method of watching television shows on my Q.

We'll see!
  4. bpatt

bpatt New Member

5. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Yeah, I read about that. I dont' want to pay $300 for another Tivo device when I already have two in the house. I will hook this puppy up to my Tivo, insert my SD card and copy... using the Tivo as my hard drive and scheduler.

I will probably wind up getting a Slingbox too... just for the cool factor. How choppy is your video with poor cell service?
  6. bpatt

bpatt New Member

I'm a poor one to ask, as the only time I have poor cell service is in an elevator. No kidding. Sling rocks - best invention of the year, in my opinion. Better than the Q, sorry folks. It actually makes the Q better.

I love Verizon here - Nextel is another story and thus my recent switch.
  7. FunkyJ

FunkyJ New Member

8. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

9. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Well, how is it? :geek:
  10. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

It's great so far... I haven't even opened it. :whistling

[​IMG]

I purchased Pocket DVD and I've been encoding my Tivo2Go programs. It would take more work to take the SD card out of my phone, put it in the recorder, find the program I want, record it, put the SD card back in... I just download my TV shows to my PC, encode it with Pocket DVD and move the video over to the phone via a USB cable. I don't have to get up from my computer.

I'll plug it in one of these days to check it out, but I really don't think I need it. Pocket DVD was $30 and the recorder was $140. Quite a bit of savings if you go with Pocket DVD.

If you don't have Tivo then there's really no other way to encode television shows.

I may use it to encode some of my old VHS/C movies. That's actually something I think I will do. :)
  11. KillahCam

KillahCam New Member

Yeah i have this device it's awesome but you have to adjust the video quality I use it for my PSP as well and transfering movies to my Ipod