Cool new link...MSNBC has new multimedia content for the Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by healthnt, Apr 26, 2007.

1. miro

miro New Member

The prompt I receieved when I went to the download page actually lists "Sprint Motorola Q' as the device. The installation went perfectly.

Every time I try to launch the new icon (MSNBC) it hangs on a screen that says "Please wait while new resources are downloaded." I keep waiting but nothing appears to happen and I end up killing the app...?
  2. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

After you downloaded the CAB file, did you find the file with the File Manager and click the silver button? That will start the install. Then you will find MSNBC on your start menu.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it could take a while... i don't currently use it and the longest it ever took was about 1-2 minutes, i know it's hard but you do need to exercise patient (i have difficulty with that also :}
  4. miro

miro New Member

Well said :wink:

I let it run for about 12 minutes until I gave up the last attempt.
  5. MoWorse

MoWorse New Member

Got patch info too

I got the same link for the Verizon or SVP patch. Anyone download and intall the patch?

Thanks
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

now, 12 minutes is more then ridiculous.. do you have good reception where you are ?
  7. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

Multimedia content for the Q from Msnbc

nevermind. my phone wasn't reaching the connection..got it now
  8. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

help installing MsNBC

you need to go to file manager and find the file and install the.exe app:angry:
  9. miro

miro New Member

My reception/speed is normally great... I can watch YouTube videos, stream audio, etc. with only the occasional lag. The last speed test I ran clocked me @ 340kbps.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hmz, so it might be something on their side ?
  11. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

Msnbc on the q start menu but no streaming vids?

I got this installed, downloaded the vz patch. found the MSNBC on my start menu and went to videos. I get Unable to connect to the server. Please try again. No videos. walked two blocks from home and it works fine. thanks
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh, so you have to stand outside in the elements to watch the news and hear the weather which you already know because you're standing outside ? or is there a bar or someone you know so you can at least get inside ? :}
  13. altrockdj

altrockdj New Member

I have a Verizon Q and downloaded the Verizon Pantech download and it installed without a hitch. Once I opened the app icon, it searched for an update which took about a minute to download and self install. I've been running videos ever since, no issues. I did this about a half hour ago, it took a couple minutes to be up and running.

If you have a Verizon Q, you want to pick the Verizon Pantech download. Once you do that, it does everything else intuitively - extracting the CAB file and then downloading the patch or whatever it needs when you click the icon. No cost involved.

Thanks for the link. I have MobiTV, which I really like, but if I decide to unload it instead of paying monthly, it's nice to have a video news source free.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ok, i am done looking on the Verizon web site.. fill me in & make me smarter: what the h-ll is "Pantech" ?
  15. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

heh..ya sad isn't it no bar up the street either. I can sit in my car adn watch Msnbc mobile or at home on my 50 in highdef flat panel..((snicker))thats how bad the dsl speed from my q is inside my home.
  16. aegrant

aegrant New Member

This is a great app but,...

I have used this for a few months now and it runs great no matter where i am (I live in ohio) but tis is a major drain on my battery if I watch too much of it.

Anybody else get this problem?
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

also in Ohio.. ran good on my Q too, i usually watched it with the Q hooked up to the laptop so no ill affects when it comes to battery usage. after the Master Reset i have not re-installed it so :}
  18. moneymike

moneymike New Member

This is probably the coolest feature for the Q yet. It does wonders for your long commutes and traffic jams, but it does suck the life out your battery. Well worth it in my opinion. Does anybody know of any other similar multimedia apps?
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

not really...

waiting for somebody to say:

Slingbox plz :}
  20. jimbetts3

jimbetts3 New Member

Still hooked on Orb!