Cool new link...MSNBC has new multimedia content for the Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by healthnt, Apr 26, 2007.

1. healthnt

healthnt New Member

Cool new link...MSNBC has new multimedia content for the Q

I just found this link as I perused the Tech/SCIENCE section on the MSNBC mobile site.
    You can find the link when you click the banner ad in that (Tech) section only (that I saw.)
    So go here on your phone: www.msnbc.msn.com and then scroll to the bottom and open the TECH/SCIENCE page and you will see the link in the banner ad. It is the best multimedia site I have seen for the Q. It lists the Verizon Q, not the Sprint etc., but when you click on that, it will read what your phone is and install the correct CAB file.:laugh2:

Enjoy!

Beth
  2. Yester18

Yester18 New Member

Cool link:)
  3. qnoob

qnoob New Member

4. healthnt

healthnt New Member

I have been all around MSN mobile for a while and have not run into this before...it has the NBC nightly news broadcast in full screen, and clips from the Today Show etc. Great multimedia and TV when other sites have not done as well for the Q (at least the Sprint one.) :)
  5. Stealth

Stealth New Member

This is what Qnoob is referring to http://www.everythingq.com/forum/motorola-q/msnbc-com-mobile-launched-5808.html
  6. hecubusq

hecubusq New Member

I have been trying to get this on my sprint Q for over two weeks and it keeps saying "device not supported." :angry:
    Oh well.
  7. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Weird I have the sprint Q and it works fine.

You going to this link on your Q:

http://www.msnbc.actionengine.com/provision
  8. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Just tired it again... from my Q.... and it works
  9. hecubusq

hecubusq New Member

Yup. I tried the method described in this thread and the link you supplied in your previous post and it has never allowed me to download it. I'm just unlucky I guess.
  10. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Thats really wierd.. Sorry!!
  11. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

I want to know. Is this free? I read that there may be fees that you will have to pay. Thats the only thing keeping me from accepting the deal.
  12. healthnt

healthnt New Member

Wink
    Didn't ask for me to register or anything, and it is free. Great quality and not just one or two videos as some sites have.
  13. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Yeah I never had to give any payment info. and Haven'st seen in extra charges on my sprint bill
  14. gmplr831

gmplr831 New Member

That is a very cool find. I like watching news now and again. Its nice to know whats going on in the world...
  15. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

It didnt ask for any info. But I did read the fine print and it said something about incurring fees or something to that extent. But if no one else had occurred fees then it should be fine.
  16. turbo50t

turbo50t New Member

You need to unlock you phone, search the forum or internet for Mobile ulock all and you will find links to download the proper file to get your phone unlocked. I had the same problem and this took care of it.
  17. rickyrick1984

rickyrick1984 New Member

Call stupid, but after you download the cab file, how do you view the multimedia stuff. I've been browsing around that site for 20 minutes now, and still have not found one video. I downloaded the cab file succussfuly do I need to go to some special address after that.
  18. healthnt

healthnt New Member

If it was properly installed, then you should see a video category from the home page. You should be able to choose either top stories, news, videos, photos or "my saved articles." Once you open the video tab, there will be more choices. Try and reinstall if you cannot pick up on that.

Good luck...
  19. healthnt

healthnt New Member

BTW...make sure that u open the application by going into the start menu and findng the new MSNBC icon...not just by going into IE and entering the msnbc address.
  20. Exoz

Exoz New Member

Help

Hi,

When I go to the website to download it, my only options are Verizon Pantech PN820 and SPV C500.

I have the Verizon Q. Any ideas?

Thanks