Contacts Disappeared but Still Exist (WinMo 6.1)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Jeigh Baldwin, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jeigh Baldwin

Jeigh Baldwin New Member

Hi,

I've been frustrating myself with this all day and figured I'd finally ask for some help. I went to 'Contacts' yesterday and it was empty. Went to 'Recent Calls' and it still sees the contact info there, so I know the data still exists somewhere.

Set up ActiveSync on XP using Outlook 2007 and it pulled down some, but not all of my contacts. I can still see some of those contacts under Recent Calls, but not in the actual Contacts list. They also don't show up in Outlook. All I can think is that the file containing my contacts is corrupt. It seems to be all older contacts that are missing/hiding.

Any help fixing this, so I can get the rest of my contacts back, and backed up, would be a huge help.

Thanks,
    Jeigh
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

Recent calls are stored differently than Contacts. Contacts are stored in Pim.vol in the root of the phone. If you synced with Outlook on your computer......It restored your last back up to the computer. If the contacts you are looking for are not on the computer or the phone ....they are gone. I always backup my most recent Pim.vol on my SD Card for quick restore of contacts. Good luck.
  3. Jeigh Baldwin

Jeigh Baldwin New Member

There are folks who have called me that aren't in my Recent Calls list _and_ aren't in my current (crippled) Contacts list, though, which is what leads me to believe that the data is still there somewhere. The only thing I can think of is that there's a specific contact (or section of data) that's corrupt, keeping Contacts from being read any further.

Is there, maybe, a way to dump Pim.vol into an English readable, or at least text-parsable, format, that would let me at least check and see if there's still old data in there?

Thanks for getting back to me.

--Jeigh