Contact Ideas

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by sketch1999, Mar 28, 2007.

1. sketch1999

sketch1999 New Member

Contact Ideas

ok here it is...

1) where are the contact info files in the Q? I want to copy all of them to the SD card and then that way i have a copy of them and i dont have to wait to BT it to my computer... 250 contacts will take forever...

2) is it possible to have the Q reconize NICKNAME's and use them for like when people call or even in the contact list. Its nice to be able to have a nickname, but if you cant use it then y have it... i can remember the my friend is named john smith... but if his nickname is dumb@ss then i want it to say that when he calls... but i dont wanna change his name so it works...

3) is there anyway possible to make the caller id image larger with out having to ust that one contact program...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

~thanx
  2. mad3963

mad3963 New Member

1) This can't be done. If you want to make a quick backup of your contact info to your storage card, take a look at NS Contacts Backup and NS Contacts, available here.

2) If you go into the Edit screen for an individual contact and scroll waaaaaaaaaay down, there is an entry for Nickname. Don't know if it will be recognized and displayed when you receive a call from that contact, but worth trying.

3) Not without a third party app.
  3. sketch1999

sketch1999 New Member

well since i have a mac, syncing it sucks. i have that missin sync but i really dont like how that functions. Maybe i phrased my second the wrong way... i know where the "NICKNAME" field is... i actually use it alot since i design for dj's and people i want to be able to see their nickname rather then their legal name or propper name... i know i can just reverse it and put name in as nicknames and all that crap, but without a 3rd party i want to c if it isnt possible... and without useing photo contacts program ... that this sucks... concept is nice, but again i was just wondering... thank u though
  4. inferomorz

inferomorz New Member

The file "pim.vol" located in the root directory of the file explorer contains all information about your calendar, contacts, etc. You can copy this file to a storage card (or PC) if you want to back up your data but not "sync" your data or to just avoid using activesync in general.

Be sure when you restore the pim.vol file (after a master reset or otherwise) that you power cycle your Q, otherwise the information will not load.
  5. mmackey82

mmackey82 New Member

pim.vol

So where do I need to move the pim.vol after I've done a Master Reset so my contacts will show up again? Thanks! :laugh2:
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

back to the root folder, that should be the first window that appears in your file manager.
    just copy it there.