consume battery

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by pnasca, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Mike1234

Mike1234 New Member

Battery life of 2-3 days

I can tell you that the most important thing you can do to determine your battery life is to choose how often the phone checks for new emails.

When I first got the Q phone, I selected "every 15 mins" in the email set-up options. With that frequent checking option I only got about 10-12 hours of battery life from the standard battery. Not good.
    Ive had the Q for about a year now, and have learned what they dont tell you: I switched to "never check" emails, and now get 2-3 days of stand-by.
    I simply check for new emails or send emails manually whenever I need to. Works great, and if I forget to keep the phone pluged in at night, its still on the next day- and not dead, missing calls.
    mflemming@comcast.net
  2. Militman

Militman New Member

I would like to know if you are running a standard batt also. That is much better than I get now on a standard batt. So you basically make it the whole day on one charge with heavy usage?
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

rb doesnt use the Q anymore but yes he did have the standard battery
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I've come to the conclusion that battery life varies greatly - even among fellow Q9H users.
    The 9h has three bars when the battery is full..under a normal days usage I will take the phone off the charge by 8am and lose one bar by 6:30-7:30pm.
    Email is polled every two hours with about 3-4 emails coming in everytime, I send about 6 texts and receive about 15 from transit alerts, I refresh Mdigger 2-3 times, and maybe an hour total of surfing. The thing is I may have only 1 or 2 5 minute calls..most of the time there are no calls
    What I hate is that the timespan from the second to final bar is not as long as going from a full charge to losing that first bar. If I surf while relaxing in front of the tv, I am down to my last bar by 9:30 and having to plug it in by 10.
    I have no idea how others last longer on the same regular battery. I am actually thinking of getting the Seidio 1500mah battery. I figure the extra 400mah is good for at least an extra 2-3hrs.
  5. Militman

Militman New Member

Well big difference today on my battery life. I have a standard battery and I have used the phone a good amount. Calls, auto email updates every hour, and text messages. It still has full bars at 12:30 p.m. I think this is a big improvement from what it was lasting. Yesterday I did take off facade from my homescreen. Does anyone know if that runs in the background when you have it on? Only thing I can think of.
  6. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

If , like me, you have some sort of RSS reader and you read many feeds in one sitting, just using the app drains the battery because the screen and backlight are constantly on.
    I used Mdigger for about 35 minutes during my morning commute and boy did it take a chunk out of the battery.