configuring email using pocket oulook

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by astroguy, Nov 5, 2007.

1. astroguy

astroguy New Member

configuring email using pocket oulook

Hi - I just bought a Q9h from AT&T after using the VZW Q for the past year and a half. First impression is great, especially the speedy HSDPA. One thing I have not been able to figure out is how to setup my email accounts. My Opera settings work just fine, but everytime I setup an email address w/ Pocket Outlook I get a generic "your internet connection is not configured properly" message. I can setup my email w/ Xpress Mail, but unfortunately that only allows one email at a time, and there are two that I check primarily. Does anyone know either how to setup email in Pocket Outlook or how to get Xpress Mail to configure more than one email address at a time?
  2. ajoshi

ajoshi New Member

configuring email using pocket outlook

I have exactly the same problem with both POP and IMAP. The error window title simply says "Error Synchronizing" and the window reads "Your internet connection is not configured properly. Please verify your settings in Connections".

Initially I thought that the problem was with Gmail but then other accounts had the same issue. Internet works fine (both IE and Opera). Any solutions?
  3. astroguy

astroguy New Member

fixed now

Not sure exactly what happened, but the problem is fixed now. I've managed to add both my Gmail and Yahoo! accounts. Here's roughly what I did:

1. Added Gmail via Xpressmail
    1.a *
    2. Rebooted the phone
    3. Added Yahoo! via Pocket Outlook

Now I get close to push access w/ my Gmail and my Yahoo! polling every hour, which is exactly what I wanted. I did one other thing, which is why there's a step 1.a* but I'm pretty sure that didn't help. I entered duplicate WAP and Proxy settings under Work, but I didn't redirect the email accounts to Work, so I can't see it having much impact. Let me know if the above works for you...