Condensing Fizz Weather Plugin without Orange or Facade

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by MBK2, Jan 8, 2008.

1. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

It's probably the way I tried to write-in the edited plugin.
    Am gonna try yours right now.
  2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Give this a try first. If this works, its the way you coded it in.

Bob Marley
    [​IMG]
    "Right Click" and "Save As"
    Fizz Weather and Orange Plugins Required
  3. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Thanks Bro, for everything you're trying to help me with... I am getting frustrated at this point, but will look your XML over and see what the problem is on my end.

That Homescreen looks Awesome!!!... Thanks again DA

Anyways, I am attaching my edited XML and the screenshot of what it produces.

Attached Files:

4. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Everything took except the Fizz line...
    I may be having an issue with Orange. I will try to reinstall it, but since Fizz works unless I try to use the Orange plugin and now your layout not showing the Fizz leads me to think that I may not have Orange installed properly on my side.

Will report back.

Yep.... That's what the whole frickin' problem was!!!
    I screwed up when I installed Orange to my storage card... I'm so used to installing everything to the card I, by habit, did the same with Orange.. So I deleted the folder from my storage card and re-installed it onto my device storage and whalla!!...
    I'll post a screenshot soon.
  5. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Here's the two that I finally got done... Both with your help DA... Thanks

I learned something and that's always a good thing... :tounge::wink:

The only thing is that this one shows the icon bar as white, no matter what I try to change it to?? It's alright though..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

That would be due to the background color you set in the iconbar plugin.

There are a few tweaks here and there I might experiment with due to the fun factor. I'll post up something when I'm done.

Glad it's working.
  7. section76

section76 New Member

to make the plugin on the right selectable with Orange change that CHILD to FOCUS, then you can push right to select it. it looks a little goofy as it may slide the right plugin over the left one, but it works.
  8. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Thanks for the info 76.. It'll be useful to know that for future references.
    It is still just easier to select Fizz via the start menu, so no real need to access it thru the HS plugin..... would've been worth it if it would've taken me directly to the HomeScreen options in Fizz... Ah well, thanks anyways 76... :wink:
  9. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

This one has me A Bit puzzled since it's your layout, so I didn't change the code for the background color on your iconbar plugin??
    I tried a couple of things and couldn't get mine to look like yours. I'm thinking it has to do with your 'Color Scheme' XML.... I was waiting in hopes that you would repost your 'tweak', lol...:tounge:

Anyways, I did manage to finalize my Marley HS with your help and guidance, {screenshot below}... but would love your very colorful Marley HS to look the same on my Q's screen, instead of that white bar accross the top... :frown:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

I've been trying to get a handful of other homescreen request off the plate, before I got back to this one. You'd prefer the portrait image be on teh left as in your screen, instead of on the right in my screen.

That's the Architect in me, aiming all things towards the center or the image.

I'll work on it a bit over the weekend and see what happens. Also, could you post your XML so I can take a look at it? The background color of the Icon Bar is set in the Color Scheme, but the Transparent or Not, of it is set in the Icon Bar plugin. On my layout, I don't have that portion in the IconBar plugin, therefore it results back to the Default Parameters. Of which I have bgcolor="transparent" as the default setting.

Hence mine shows up as the green/yellow/red gradient and not as a "bar"

Ahhh... the subtle intricacies of XML coding.
  11. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Subtle intracacies indeed DA, love learning all this coding and learning quite A Bit from you bro...

I had already tried to set it to transparent before but it didn't take, I probably set it incorrectly or in the wrong spot.

As for the Marley image being on the left, doesn't really matter to me, and actually I could flip the pic and then move everything to the left... just haven't tried it since I really didn't need to access Fizz via the HS plugin. I like your HS and that already has the image on the right, so that's a good pair of Marley HS for me... just trying to iron out the white icon bar issue that I am having when trying to load your HS.

Anyways, I'll try to play with the transparent coding and see if I can get it done... You've already made a perfect HS IMHO and now it's up to me to try and get it to look the same on my Q as it does on yours...lol
    You have enough to do to help all the others that are requesting your help, so I'll take it from here and try to sort it out now that I know it is an issue with the transparent setting... if I can't get it right, I'll post for additional help...Thanks again. :wink::smile:

BTW, here's my XML you wanted to see...

Attached Files:

12. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

You know, I got what you're saying now... I failed to read your 'Read Me' file (because I'm trying to set certain things on my own:tounge:), but now see what you meant by setting the defaults, revealing what you wrote into the XML...

Now your DA Marley HomeScreen looks perfect on my Q as well...
    Thanks Bro, learned from you on all this... :wink:, and still learning at every step...:smile:
  13. lildman

lildman New Member

Any chance you could tell me how to get the HS above on my Q? I am stuck with the whole Orange thing. I found the dll file but not sure how to use it.
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that if i remember correctly is not available to the public because it is loaded with his personal contacts in the 'contact dialer'
  15. lildman

lildman New Member

Well there are a few HS out there that I would love to use, but they require that damn orange.dll. I am not in any way skilled in programing, so I have stayed away from editing .xml files, so using HS that have already been creaded is where I stand. Are there any posts out there that explain how to use the orange.dll?
  16. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

I think I recall people saying that there is not any guide on using Orange. You can download it off Scott's app page, found here. It is a CAB file so all you need to do is install it. Then any of those home screens should work without you editing the XML.

If you are asking how to make your own home screens with Orange, your best bet is finding someone who uses it that is active right now and PMing them nicely. :laugh2:
  17. lildman

lildman New Member

I tried the link, but the file that I dl was not a cab file.
  18. lildman

lildman New Member

:foot:correction...I got it thanks.
  19. lildman

lildman New Member

Sweet!!!:laugh2:
    This rocks, thanks bro!!
  20. jah2707

jah2707 New Member