Condensing Fizz Weather Plugin without Orange or Facade

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by MBK2, Jan 8, 2008.

1. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Condensing Fizz Weather Plugin without Orange or Facade

Any of you master Homescreen creators know how to condense the Fizz Weather plugin to just the right side of the screen without the need of Orange or Facade?

I tried to manually set the size and dynamics of the plugin in the XML, but it won't take.
  2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Fizz Weather is a tricky one. I've tried just to bump it over a few pixels and that wouldn't take either. I don't even know if you can squash it down to size.

Good luck!
  3. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Thanks for the feedback DA. It doesn't seem to be editable to me either. Ah well, would've been cool to have it with my Marley HS, but I can just pull it up via the start menu so no worries.
    Thanks again.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

How come you don't want Orange to help? Just curious!
  5. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

It's more that I have never needed Orange, thus not sure I really want it.
    I did try to see what it did once but when I went to their site, saw everything else but not what you guys were referring to....But in all honesty, I really didn't look too hard because I was only looking to see what it does and not so much to get it. :wink:
  6. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Well, here's a homescreen with Facade, Fizz Weather and the Orange plugin.

[​IMG]

As you can see, it is heavily loaded, with everything I need right on the homescreen. Because of the Orange plugin, I can stuff my email onto the same line as the Icon Bar (Thus eliminating my hatred for the iconbar). I have two full lines of Facade (Dialer and Program launcher) and a third line of Facade that displays the Calendar and the my tasks. Because of the ORange plugin, I can see both at a glance, and don't have to flip through buttons to see either.

Fizz weather shares a line with Clock, thus freeing up space so I could cram all the other things onto this screen.

If you'd like a readjustment to your existing home screen, it is quite easy to join the two plugins together with the Orange Plugin.

That is perhaps the best thing that plugin does.
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Ahh..yes! I spent days looking for it way back..all to save 10 pixels of space! It's nice having it now though to be able to sport a HS that uses it. I was at one time studing the xml of a HS that had fizz showing only 2 days to one side. That turned to confusing! Ah well..thanks!
  8. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

That must have been Eko's Vista-Grass homescreen.
  9. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Thanks guys, I see now how Orange does it. Basically you stuff plugins into the Orange plugin huh?

I'm gonna look for that Eko's Vista-Grass homescreen and see what they did to have fizz showing only 2 days to one side
  10. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Technically, yes. The Orange Plugin allows you to put two plugins, side by side. You are limited to two, and it's tough getting the right side one to function properly. Hence why on my screen, the Left Side is the selectable, and the Right side is a standard. Except for the Tasks, which I access through a short cut on the Programs File.

In addition, you can use a "Spacer Plugin" on one side as a blank space, and the Weather on the other side. Thus enabling you to "squish" Fizz Weather down to size.
  11. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I was trying to this, but was unsuccessful. I am probably inserting it incorrectly.
    :frown:

Could you post a edited XML plugin that could do this?
  12. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

This was the best I could get it to work... :embarassed:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

If you haven't found an example xml by the time I get home_I'll link you up!

This is the one I was checkin out..4 of the plugin rows use orange. As Der said, a spacer plugin would be needed I guess, even like a invisible non-selectable clock or something?

Attached Files:

14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

And here's the whole tamale...

Taken from here!

Attached Files:

15. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Thanks TreeFrog, I'll look it over some more, but already see n the XML that i would need Facade. I can try getting the trial version for testing with this project...:wink:
  16. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

If you've installed Orange (check n99hockey's homepage for it) all you need to do is edit your current XML homescreen (Make sure to keep a backup of the original) and add this section in place of the current Fizz Weather.

The unfortunate side effect that I haven't conquered (yet) is that the right plugin is unselectable. With the Blank (or "Spacer") plugin on the left, Fizz weather is inaccesible. You have to access it via the Start menu.

Now, to really smooth this screen out, you'd have to move Bob to the right side of the screen, rebuild everything on the left, and then Fizz Weather would align in the proper spot.
  17. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

I severely dislike the squishing of the text when you load a TXT file up to the forum.

Here is the same thing in a TXT attachment. Much easier to read.

Attached Files:

18. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Thanks DA,
    I'm at the jobsite right now and will work on it A Bit later. I could use my laptop but would rather take my time and use my desktop when I get back home.
    Thanks again for the 'Squish' (LOL) plugin Bro.

potQ
  19. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

One other thing, I had tried earlier setting the shortcut width as is done on your Squish plugin but only the full Fizz Weather plugin appeared.
    I do have Orange but not in the Home folder. Must it be i there for Orange plugins to work?
  20. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

The plugin I posted, would only show the Fizz Weather plugin. It'd be blank on the other section of screen. Are you saying that you've coded it the same as mine, but it still isn't pushing Fizz to the side?

As for the Orange plugin, it just has to be installed on your phone. It is a "background" plugin. As in, it wouldn't appear anywhere on a regular screen or one that uses it. Just the two plugins on one line.

I'll whip together a simple screen and post it. If that one works, it's the coding on the previous ones that need a bit of looking at.