Complete NOOB

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by TJM, Sep 27, 2007.

1. TJM

TJM New Member

Complete NOOB

I want to do registry hacks and what not mess around with my new phone:wink:

but i downloaded Total Commander and I don't understand where to go all the hacks i've seen say something along the lines of go to HKEY....

where do u find this folder or whatever it is...also is there an easier way to change settings such as cab files that people have made i can download that change the registry for me so I don't have to fool around with it and screw something up? thanks!
  2. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Some people have made CAB files for some hacks....if you look in RUDEBOY'S sig you will see a link to his apps and I think there are one or two in there.

I know free rocks but the program I have found easiest to edit and follows all the instructions we post for editting is Resco Explorer/Registry edit combo.
    http://www.resco.net/smartphone/explorer/
  3. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

I use PHM Registry Editor, and it's free. It's fairly simple to use. If you do a little searching here on EQ you will find what you need. I had absolutely no idea how to do a registry hack and I used EQ's instructions and had no problems.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

as pyro said, the link to my apps page is in my signature.... and/or also make sure to browse the hack thread.

oh, and welcome aboard..
  5. TJM

TJM New Member

thanks and I got the hang of TCM...somone should mention when the hack says hkeylocalmachine they mean hklm lol that's what I was cnfused about neways love this thing and slowly starting to justify the $110 a month bill vzw is gonna start sending me YIKES!

posted on the Q!
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you're correct... for me as an old(er)-timer it's obvious about the HKLM and so on, never dawned that it can be confusing/not clear.. i will try and better my life :}
  7. TJM

TJM New Member

lol thank you, i don't know why i had such a brain fart when it came to that i've done registry edits on my computer before lol....at my old age of 19 i seem to be forgetting things the other day i was on my computer and for the life of me couldn't remember the command

MSCONFIG *sigh* where is my mind going :smile:
  8. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

HAHAHA oops I never even thought of that since we use so many acronyms I just assumed, oops sorry man.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

same here... and i think we (i am just as guilty) use way too much of them. :}