Commentary;

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by doctorq2u, Feb 11, 2009.

1. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

Commentary;

Commentary;
    With all this trouble we’re going through trying to get GPS working on the Q9c it really makes me appreciate how great the Q9n is performing. Gmap follows me down the road with an arrow showing the direction I’m traveling it could probably calculate my speed and keep a history of where I’ve been. Click a button and give me the name and Phone numbers of the places around me.
    Slingbox works even better on the Q9n that it did on the original Q, if that’s possible.
    The Q9n is slimmer than the original Q with the stock battier.
    The keyboard and the responsiveness of the keyboard are better.
    Palringo push to talk on the Q9n is as good as Nextel .
    And I’m just getting started.
    You guys with the Q9c should be up in arms with Verizon for killing Napoleon!
  2. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

Yeah we love our Q's...'tis a shame indeed.
  3. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

I am up in arms. I'm leaving Verizon as soon as my contract is up. I've got another year to go! I might just pay the ETF.
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Out of pure curiosity, I wonder if there are publicly available figures as to the percentage of Verizon (and Sprint) customers who own certain models or perhaps even classes of phones. I'm guessing the overall Q market has to be small enough so that the B/C ratio and revenue potential of bringing out new models in this line, etc... is minimal.
  5. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

No touch screen = no mass appeal I'm afraid, but smartphones are the only growth market for phone sales in the current economy and going forward.
  6. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

This is definitely a shame, now even Microsoft didn't announce a new winmo 6.5 standard version. I find the lack of a touchscreen a feature - there's no need to have touch on a phone if d-pad and keyboard are implemented properly. Both of which are executed perfectly on the Q9n.

I actually don't have a single thing in mind I would change about the Q9n from a design and OS perspective.
  7. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

napoleon is/was a threat to all.so you know it couldnt have been released to retail.
    what other phone can you get full rev a cdma service on vzw and still use any sim card and wonder the world? plus get gps/wifi/class 1.5 bt/biometrics? it just couldnt happen.
    the phone is powerfull.it was in devopment longer than you think. its previous codename was maximus 3 years ago.
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Maximus huh? that's what I named my Q9c...
  9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Hmmm...So it's all a big conspiracy theory? Aimed at what exactly?--the collapse of Motorola? Who is the all? All the other cell companies ganged up on VZW to say don't release it?

While I'm not privy to the internal decision making or discussions between Moto and VZW (and don't know anyone who is), I seriously doubt that the reason it never saw the light of day was that it was too good to be true and was a "threat to all". There are almost certainly reasons we don't know and won't.

NASA never landed on the moon either, right?
  10. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

I think we met before?

The sad truth is Motorola built too good a phone that Verizon couldn’t control. So they killed it.

Verizon wants to spoon feed you . Stick with the Verizon PROGRAM and keep drinking the KOOL-AID
  11. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

And by the way I tried the Saga and took it back the next day because it would not open a password protected XL Spreadsheet.
  12. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

my only point is no one will release a phone like this due to it capabilities. it would hurt everyones profits. thats why each carrier locks certain features. vzw being the biggest crippler ever.
    in no way am i saying moto built the best phone ever. others couldve done this too.im just saying for those who have this phone total freedom to use any network the way they want without being crippled.
    so no conspiracy at all,just a fully unlocked device for a certain crowd to enjoy.its not for everyone.
    now i on the other hand like to have both,this device and a vzw branded device with all there options.
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

No offense meant, but is that just your opinion or is this something that can truly be substantiated with facts and if so, where? We all have opinions. It doesn't mean we drink Kool-Aid. Some people just prefer to think beyond all-encompassing statements.
  14. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ok. 3 cheers to you then. My post said nothing about a Saga.
  15. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I think your thinking has significant holes in it. History, and recent history at that, shows exactly the opposite of your point.

When the iphone came out, it was a game changer, a paradigm shift, whatever you want to call it. AT&T got $$$$, Apple got $$$$, consumers plopped down $$$$ and stood in line for hours to sold out stores.

Do you recall discussions in the media, etc about how all the other companies were going under and they should ban together to stop the iPhone etc.? I do not. Instead, what happened? It forced them to innovate, or at least copy the game changer and that's where the market is now. Apple upped the ante (regardless of your opinion of the iphone) and everyone had to step up to the plate.
  16. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

i hear what your are saying, but i bet if it were publicly annouced that there was a full retail relese in a finished version of napoleon that there would be the same sold out lines etc/etc. as it is a open device.
    who wants to pay vzw for there vodaphone sim anytime the person wants to go to china/italy/etc. and pay a data plan,pay a vznav,etc,etc. if they could buy a open phone like this that will go on any network and anywhere in the world without the hassles.
    and i will say"this is my opinion not a fact" but i bet it could possibly be very true.

and wether im wrong/right/or just high of some crack pipe im just not responding to this anymore as im sure we could drag it on.
  17. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

Verizon is a for profit company. It is their job to squeeze as much money out of you as they can. I don’t blame them for that.
    It’s my job to be informed and keep em honest.
    If you think Verizon has your interest at heart you are sadly mistaken.
    I choose to decide for myself what’s best for me. Not have Verizon tell me what programs I can run.
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I never once said that I thought Verizon had my best interests at heart. I said I doubted it was all a big conspiracy theory. It's a totally implausible line of thinking. If the phone was that good (aka iphone), or Verizon perceived that it would be that much of a draw, everyone would want it and the profits would skyrocket for Verizon and the OEM.

You're galloping off into programs, lock-downs, GPS, etc...which has absolutely nothing to do with my response to this thread. I actually happen to agree with you on those points. It simply isn't what we were discussing.
  19. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

Stay Cool !!
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

yet another useless post.