Color Schemes

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by Rhstevenson, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Color Schemes

Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me how diversify the color schemes included with the Q. Can i make my own or what? I've tried searching so i apologize if this is a well travelled subject.
    Thanks much
  2. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Does anyone have any idea about this?? Please?
    I've tried making my own using the originals as templates to no avail. Thanks for any help
  3. Kupe

Kupe New Member

4. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Hey i figured out how to do it and it is actually quite easy. I can post directions if anyone would like more info. It looks like i'm the only one who was looking to change the Scheme colors...
  5. brewer

brewer New Member

i'm very interested
  6. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

I made a Tutorial for color schemes available at http://www.rhstevenson.com/qtorials.html if anyon is interested. Keep in mind this is only for color schemes, and it is possible to edit the colors when making a home screen. If you're looking for color schemes, this is the place though!
    Enjoy!
  7. wirelessmyki

wirelessmyki New Member

Color Schemes

This is awesome, thank you for the time you put in sharing all of this information.

I have been kinda taking an easy way out buy using the downloads from http://www.smartphonethemes.com/
    And then changing the home screen picture.

Currently I am attempting to make my husband (also a q user) a "Denver Bronco's" theme, and can't find the exact blue I want to use.

So I am off to take your advice.

Thanks again!
  8. q-rocks

q-rocks New Member

Did you know that the color numbers actually represent the RGB values in hex? The first three numbers are the red value, second three are green and third three are blue. First set the color depth on your PC to 16-bit, the same as the Q so the color will be WYSIWYG. Open MS Paint on your PC and go to the custom colors pallette. Adjust the RGB values until you get the color you want. Then convert the RGBs from decimal to hex using calculator in scientific mode. Then put the values in the xml entry of your liking and it should be close to what you want. Hope this helps.
  9. inf3st

inf3st New Member

so is it possible to make thet bar black?
  10. qnoob

qnoob New Member

AWESOME color scheme tutorial for creating the XML file . . . thanks
  11. SureIsMe

SureIsMe New Member

Hey thanks for the link :wink:
  12. tmusquiez

tmusquiez Member

now i assume that that you just save the file under any name, then import it to your Q right?
  13. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Actually there's a lot more than 4 places to change colors but not as many as some tutorials, and Microsoft documentation claim.
    I'm on my phone now so I can't find it but I mapped all the listed Microsoft "codes".
  14. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Is there any way to use pictures instead of colors? In my xml for my homescreen I added a specific top bar image to use instead of the color scheme, and I'd like to use it universally as the top and bottom bars. Is this possible?
  15. Geekster

Geekster New Member

You can do whatever with the top bar but the only thing you can do with the bottom bar is change colors.

This code makes it transparent so you can hardwire the picture you want to use into your HS. I'm sure there are more codes out there but this one is pretty universal. Color match the bottom bar with the top bar?

<!-- Iconbar Plugin -->

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" height="0">
    </plugin> <!-- -->
    <plugin clsid="{837FC251-FE69-43ad-84E0-EBCEDEBA0884}" name="Iconbar" height="0">
    <iconbar bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#FFFFFF" y="0" x="0"/>
    </plugin>
    <plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" height="1"/>
  16. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Thanks. Not exactly what I was looking for but I guess it will do for now. The closest thing would have to be global skinning from smarttoolkit, but RC09 isn't very stable.
  17. motionD

motionD New Member

Thanks for the info, I have made a few now, but I can't get them to show up in my list of themes unless I name the same as the existing ones?, any ideas?
  18. motionD

motionD New Member

never mind...got it, wasn't naming it right!! My bad!