Color Schemes

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by eko, Jun 17, 2007.

1. eko

eko New Member

Color Schemes

Hey guys I made some defualt color schemes for people who would like to change the color of there softkeys without using the ones that came with there homescreen and without using the default built in ones that change the wallpaper as well. Anyway Im sure someone somewhere will find this helpful.

The color schemes are rared use winrar to unzip them then drag the desired color scheme to your application data/home folder then select it in the homescreen selection settings menu.

Click here to dl

here are the colors in the file
    [​IMG]
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

sweet... although i have considering trying that black keys cab file since i used a sightly modified Black Mesh made by who else... you :)

posted on the Q.
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that is fantastic...a great help to everyone
    great work!!!
  4. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Nice post! Grabbing these for later...:laugh2:
  5. mehoff88

mehoff88 New Member

Crown.

Could you make a Crown Royal one??? I love you forever if you do!!! haha
  6. nascarnutjason

nascarnutjason New Member

Black Soft Keys

I love the black soft keys, however I was wondering if you could do a version which has white lettering rather than black lettering on the home screen. Thanks.

7. coasterguy59

coasterguy59 New Member

Thanks I love this!
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

are you kidding me ?!

potQ.
  9. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Are the bots becoming more intelligent ...?

PS: That program acts like Paint LOL
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

dunno... i should start Skyfire and delete that post.

potQ.
  11. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Along with her other two posts.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks Scott :}
  13. n99hockey

no problemo!!
  14. dalpchief

dalpchief New Member

diff. method of changing color, how to change more colors, & how to get black softkey

First off, thank you eko for all your great work, and not just these color schemes but all your homescreens as well, anyone who hasn't already should check out his site ww.ekopapers.com.

Now for those who are interested in using a custom homescreen, or background image and want to be able to use a different color scheme for it as well, or simply for those who want to change the colors of various aspects of their phone.

Something else you can do besides downloading and selecting one of these color scheme that Eko has provided is change the "base hue" in the registry. This will have the same exact effect as selecting one of Eko's color schemes. It will change the color of the top and bottom bars, and the color highlight/selection around an icon, or the color of the selection bar on the homescreen. What this will not change is background colors, such as the background of the start menu, contact list, text messages, settings, and etc. What you need to do to change the color of the top and bottom bar and selection highlight color is change the numeric value in:

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Color/BaseHue.

If you select a number of 0-255 you will get various shades of grey.

Any Number from 256 to 511 will give you one of the 256 colors that are possible to choose from. Every number beyond 511 is just a repeat of what is available between 256 and 511.

Note: this is the same change Eko's color schemes make when you select them, by actually changing the number yourself you have more colors and shades to choose from.

You can also change the color of the background of you contact list, and text messages. By creating a new binary value in the color file, and entering the Six letter/number combination that correspondes with color you wish to use as the value data for that new value that you created. Go to this link to find what value names you need to create in the color file to change the background colors:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=WindowsMobile5Colors

And go to this link to find the value data codes you will need to enter to get the color you want:

http://www.w3schools.com/Html/html_colors.asp

When you enter the color values remeber to enter a space between the second and third value, and between the fourth and fifth value. EX: for dark blue enter "33 00 CC".

Unfortunately, you can not get the color black for the top and bottom bars from changing the BaseHue. The only way I know of getting black, is through Eko's black soft key color scheme .cab file, available on his site. I believe that the Black softkey is defined in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Color/ "DefSHColor", "SHColor" or "ThemeValues", and possibly all three. These are different from the Basehue, and use Binary values, instead of a DWord value, so the colors are defined by three pairs of letters or numbers totalling six characters for a single color value. It is the same hex color code HTML uses, and you can find all the color definitions at this site:

http://www.w3schools.com/Html/html_colors.asp

However, each one of those three registry files contains definitions for the colors of hundreds of different elements, and the three files may work together to define them, so it may not be enough to change the color value in one file, you may have to change all three, and as of yet I do not know what controls what, but when you run EKO' black softkey and look through the files you will see alot of "00 00 00" which is the code for black as you would suspect. I used a program Color Scheme Editor to change the color of the top and bottom bars specifically then isolated the part of the file that change to the six digit value that matched the color I selected in order to try to find what controlled the top an bottom bars specifically, however when I changed the value of that part in the registry to "00 00 00" the bars remained the same color.

So finally my question for you EKO is what did you change to get the Black Soft keys, (what does your blacksoftkey.cab file change) and how can I change the color of the background in the start menu. And how can I change the other background colors without having to enter new values that previously did not exist in the color file. I need to know because there is no way to save those values that you add to the color file, they will only remain for as long as the phone is turned on. Once you reset the values are deleted.
    My problem with the blacksoft key .cab, is that I do not like that grey and white gradient background that is behind the start menu and text messaging, it makes them difficult to read and see, but I love the black softkeys themselves. Also how did you change the color of the pop up menus for the right softkey to grey. I love that, but would like to be able to select other colors also. I assume you make these changes somewhere in the color file if you could just provide me with a key of some sort on what to change I would greatly appreciate it. This question is actually directed towards anyone who might know the answer not just EKO.

I hope this was helpful to those wishing to change there color scheme.
  15. n99hockey

also....eko is a she :p

-Sent from my Q9c
  16. Prosper

Prosper New Member

17. JazmineDubois

JazmineDubois New Member

Gotta love the search fun. thanks eko and crazykay
  18. daemf2

daemf2 New Member

Start Menu Selection Highlight

Someone who knows their stuff...

I'm guessing that this is relevant to the "Color Schemes" title of this thread. Here goes.

In the start menu, the selected item is highlighted in the color that coresponds to the theme. You can change the theme in "Start Menu View" under the "Personalize My Q" link. My start menu looks like this...

[​IMG]
    (Only not the Messaging menu ;P)
    Any ideas on how to get that anoying bright green bar that is highlighting the selected text to go transparent, clear, or just two lines above and below the selected feature?

I cant find where the programing is. Maybe the Registry?

I love you in advance!​
  19. daemf2

daemf2 New Member

Answer

I addition to may last post...

I have done some additional research and found that the controlling factor for this start menu attribute is in the actual .exe for the start menu. (/windows/startmenuview.exe .. or something like that) I do not have the knowledge to edit detailed C# scripting.

If there is anybody out there who knows their stuff, would you mind decompressing the program into simplified language and looking for the attribute that pulls the color spec from the home screen? It adopts the specified start and icon bar colors, and uses it as the higlight for the start menu. That is what I seek to change.

Otherwise, do you know of a program that covers this customization?

Looking forward to hearing what you find... If anybody does. It's no easy task. :frown:

(This is not to say that the value cannot be changed in the registry, that I know of. I could not find a key that detailed this aspect.)