ClockonTop - Freeware

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by jhalsey205, Apr 17, 2007.

1. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Dang..that was super fast! Thanks!

Looks like what I have though..same font and no am/pm.

And bhestertx...put a copy of the clockontop.ink in the windows\startup folder. Works for me!
  2. BigE4284

BigE4284 New Member

Those aren't from my phone, I just did a quick Google search, but that's what mine looks like except with the little AM and PM.
  3. bhestertx

bhestertx New Member

I do have a link in startup and it starts when I turn the phone on, but it takes me to the startup screen and I have to click the button. I want to be able to add a command line parameter to the shortcut and pass the -hide option so it will start hidden.

Yes, it's pretty much the same except you have the startup options.
    I'll see if I can get any pics up. The font in this new one is slightly different than those pics, a bit narrower.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

ahhh..well that's a bummer. I think I'll stick with the old version then!! Unless your pics are super duper cool!!
  5. bhestertx

bhestertx New Member

Some pics

Here are some pics I captured of the latest version. Not much different in the look really, but I think the font looks narrower. What I wanted was the ability to change the color. I use a black font and the white clock in the bar was an eyesore for me.
    I've included some "tutorial" pics of how I set it up and attached the two versions as .zip files at the bottom. Unzip it and place the .exe in the directory you want.

Hope nobody minds that this post may be a bit long, just trying to be helpful...

So here's what the new one looks like in black:
    [​IMG]

Here's the opening screen... not something I want to see everytime I turn my phone on, so hence why the -hide option is nice. The left button activates the clock and then if you run it again the right button deactivates it. Of course, running it directly from the program won't allow you to pass parameters when you turn it on so using a link would be best. I've included pics of a link below as well
    [​IMG]

The way I set it up is by creating a folder under Program Files called TopClock and placed the executable in there (I use the _QVGA one for my Q9c). Then I highlighted the file, created a shortcut for it (Menu..File..Create Shortcut), and saved the shortcut in the \Windows\Startup folder. Now, I was able to answer my own question from before about modifying a link to pass parameters. It's a simple text file. Create the link/shortcut and then it's just a matter of renaming it to a .txt file and then opening it in DocsToGo and editing. Then rename it back to .lnk when you're done and voila!
    Here's what the link looks like inside. All I added was the "-hide" at the end.
    [​IMG]

The option are simple:
    - hide = hide the startup screen
    -12 = turn on the 12 hour versus 24 hour clock
    - color #RRGGBB = change the color of the clock using standard RGB color palette (uses the default if not specified)

This version still has the chinese characters for the AM/PM. I don't know how to change that but whoever changed the previous version might be able to play with this one and make the same modifications.

Hope that helps anyone who wants to use it! :)

Attached Files: