Choppy MP4 playback on Windows Media Player...

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by extremum, Jan 19, 2009.

1. extremum

extremum New Member

Choppy MP4 playback on Windows Media Player...

Is there a fix for this, or a better player for MP4 video?
  2. txter

txter New Member

get TCPMP. its the only one i use.
  3. extremum

extremum New Member

I've been having issues installing tcpmp on my q9c, for the longest time.
  4. txter

txter New Member

are you tryin to install on your card or phone.?
  5. extremum

extremum New Member

Phone, of course.
  6. txter

txter New Member

try installing on your card. i put all my everything on my card. it saves mem on the phone. the phone will always run its best w/ as much mem avail.
    cant hurt to try.
  7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I've not had a problem installing to the card.
    You are using the "right" version of TCPMP(?).

As for the original question what's bit rate of the MP4?
    My phone, not a Q, can play up to 750kb/s according to it's benchmarking using Core.
    I normally rip DVDs at 500kb/s and once ripped at 1.35mb/s and the stuttering was very noticable.

iPod videos that I've seen have high bit rates.

SO the bottom line is some videos are going to stutter regardless of anythingyou can do but encode them at a more suitable lower bit rate.
  8. bub710

bub710 Member

just to clarify, TCPMP will not solve this problem if you are trying to watch H264 MP4 videos such as podcasts. the problem is with the processor speed of the Q9c and as of yet I do not know a fix for this. even downloading first will not fix it. I have tried multiple players and each display a little different as far as which frames apear in the choppy slideshow but no one is better than another. I hope someone figures it out because i would love to watch my High quality pod casts.
  9. extremum

extremum New Member

I am downloadng Youtube videos, in higher quality mp4 format,via www.keepvid.com. The videos in mp4 are much clearer than the FLV format. Unfortunately, I cannot enjoy quality frame rate, to go with the clearer video.
  10. bub710

bub710 Member

processor speed will not allow proper viewing.
  11. madelikready

madelikready New Member

Personally recommend a totally free MP4 Player named Faasoft Video Converter, which has Windows version and Mac version,
  12. healthyfirstall

healthyfirstall New Member

According to Microsoft support website, Windows Media Player still won't support MP4 files. Though we can make WMP play MP4 video by install some codec, sometime we still encounter can't play MP4 in Windows Media Player issue. MP4 is a container format which may contain multiple video and audio streams. And the video and audio stream can be encoded any of several ways. If the MP4 video or audio codec is not WMP installed codec supported one, Windows Media Player won't play MP4 video of this kind.

In order to solve "Windows Media Player won't play MP4 files even when the appropriate codec is installed" and to successfully play any MP4 video in Windows Media Player, we had better convert MP4 to Windows Media Player more supported video format like WMV, AVI with video converter like iDealshare VideoGo.

Just google search Step by Step Guide to Convert MP4 to Windows Media Player with iDealshare VideoGo, you will find a detailed guide.