CHome Help - Back Up Questions

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by HTC_OH_SNAP, Aug 19, 2009.

1. HTC_OH_SNAP

HTC_OH_SNAP New Member

CHome Help - Back Up Questions

Ok... here's my question.

How do I back up the settings for the sliding panels and such... i.e., which files should I copy to my SD card?

Here's the scenario to make what I need to know more clear. I have used CHome Configurator to edit and configure the HTC Sliding Panel Home Screen. I have added the CLinks with about 10 programs and custom icons and such as well as removed some panels and added others. I tend to reset the phone once a week and am getting sick of re-doing all that work. I do not want to use sprite backup to back up the entire device because I like to start fresh when I reset.

Any help would be SUPER... Thanks in advance!!!!!
  2. mathow

mathow New Member

I'm not entirely sure if this will work, but you can try backing up the whole HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Chome part of the registry. I haven't tried this but all the info that chome config creates seems to be in this part of the registry, but you will need to keep the images in the same locations that they currently are in now. Good luck!
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i believe its CHome_320x240.cpr
    its located in \windows
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Why don't you make a Sprite backup of the phone after you do a fresh reset, install only the basic apps and customize the panels? This way you have a backup that you can always use everytime.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

even the grand canyons echo is quicker than that! =)
  6. n99hockey

@ kareljack: are you posting those again? i deleted 2 of the same posts that were hours apart?

if you are please stop...if not let me know then it might be a server issue
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

My fault....
    When I post from my phone, the page sometimes does not reload to show the posted content - meaning that it still shows my response all typed in ready to go.
    I was so captivated - and horified, disgusted, embarrased - by the absolute ass whipping the Saints put on the Giants that I kept glancing at the phone and hitting post reply... not realizing that I already posted it. I then tortured myself further by watching the Jets game.
    My apologies... in retrospect I should have stopped watching both games at half time.
  8. n99hockey

i agree with regards to the Giants game...or lack there of...it was painful to watch as a Giants fan

it was just odd with the timing of posts i just wanted to make sure