CHome Configurator

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rudeboy, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Well in Chome Weather there are two sizes of panels, so I bet it is possible, though I'm not sure where to look. Maybe in the homescreen xml?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

aren't the panels "instructed" from within other files ? i am not sure about this as i still did not have time to dig deeper in the sliding panels workings.
  3. crashdau

crashdau Member

There was a lot of info in the Excalibur forum over on xda-developers forums. I think they even made a proggy that will mod the panels for you.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

there is a hidden file in windows for CHome. Dont remember the extension though. it may be in there. Dought it.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and that worked on the Q ?
  6. crashdau

crashdau Member

Yeah. Here is the thread.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=413393

I used it to change the sliding panels to the Chrome 2 panel which shows a rippled effect to the panel when you click the center button on Nav key. A'though I haven't tried the Mini-Panels (the shortened width panels).
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks crashdau.... i might -if time permits- play with it today/tomorrow.
  8. 65heloguy

65heloguy New Member

hello all,
    does anyone know of a way to get the Elecont weather program to display on the sliding panels screen?
    it works fine on all the other home screens.
  9. crashdau

crashdau Member

I'm not in anyway affiliated with the Program mentioned above, but, IMO it the best way to get weather on the HS when using sliding panel. I have Fizz Weather, but can't use it when using sliding panels due to the functionality of Sliding Panels.
  10. Enzyme

Enzyme New Member

Nice. I have been trying to find out a way to give the panels something other than the glass appearance. All those things in those screenshots are exactly what I want to know how to do. Makes me want to moan.

My big problem is that i am not that knowledged in script / code stuff, I stick it out and try to learn enough to get the job done. All that talk about DLLs & CPRs really got me confused.

Look no glass & mini panels!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. 65heloguy

65heloguy New Member

is there a way to change to background on the 5 day forecast panel from the dark grey color to clear? its kinda hard to read the numbers when your homescreen uses black text.
    p.s. i would
  12. 65heloguy

65heloguy New Member

is there a way to change to background on the 5 day forecast panel from the dark grey color to clear? its kinda hard to read the numbers when your homescreen uses black text.
    p.s. i would need a step by step tutorial.
    ive never messed around with any of this stuff before.
    thanx in advance.
  13. Enzyme

Enzyme New Member

No idea yet. I am still trying to learn how to edit regular panels.
  14. 65heloguy

65heloguy New Member

thanks. if you do figure it out, let me know.
    View attachment 4814
    i want to change all font colors to black, and the background to match the rest of the backgrounds panels. (Ghost)theme and background picture

Attached Files:

15. Enzyme

Enzyme New Member

I dont know about the text color of the weather thing, but for everything else you can just simply load the color scheme named: text:black any additional formatting of text would probably have to be edited in the home.xml or scheme.xml (not sure which one). If you do edit xml make sure you copy it then do the work and name it something else.
  16. spork27

spork27 Member

For the sliding panel screens, additional font changes have to made in the .cpr file instead of the .xml file.
  17. 65heloguy

65heloguy New Member

i want to install the bronzeresripple panel on my phone. i tried following the directions given from the xda-developers site. it didnt work for me.
    any help is appreciated.
  18. Enzyme

Enzyme New Member

Did you also install Mortscript? That is needed to be installed to get everything working. Other than that as long as you unzipped dla & cpr then place those and the FileChanger on your phone, just run the FileChanger.

Question, when you run the FileChanger, is it asking you to point to a file?
  19. Enzyme

Enzyme New Member

Is it bad to make new pages on some of the premade panels. I made a few new pages on the Settings panel and it started doing funny stuff. I added stuff on there so I can make that panel my interface & theme settings and the likes.

I added like 3 pages. 2 of the pages would bring up something totally unrelated. When I launch, it would bring up a box labelled 'Resources Info'. It shows current battery power & main memory used. Not to be mistaken with the battery one that the panel has a page for.

Has anyone had similar issues?
  20. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

No problem adding pages to the Settings panel here. Granted, I only added one page for the Band Select tool, but it has performed flawlessly.
    What do you have on your settings panel, maybe I will add those as well and try to replicate your problem.
    Did the problem start immediately or did the pages work for a short time?