CHome Configurator

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by seanatki, Jun 4, 2008.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

trying to get into a corp. site?
  2. rhinodad

rhinodad New Member

Yep. Not the end of the world if I can't, but it would be nice. Unfortunately our corporate IT dept isn't geared up to support WM yet.
  3. jettachamp26

jettachamp26 New Member

i also had problems with the weather panel.

Whoever mentioned that the main weather panel takes the place of the welcome center, that would make sense why I lost all of my programs, since al i did is edit the welcome center. I think later today after work, I'll work on creating a new panel with my apps and then reinstall the weather.

On a slight side note, I noticed the weather slows down the sliding panel a bit.

Also, for whoever mentioned they can't update, you have to go to the second weather panel, go to options and in advanced make sure the check box for "connect to internet through data connection (may not be exactly as I typed... going off memory)" is checked. Then it should update.

Hope this helps. :smile:
  4. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey all,

I am using NRG CHome mini weather, and really love the integration with sliding panels.

however, it seems that lately it isn't updating 3 out of 4 times. I get the hourly 'double vibrate' letting me know that its auto updating - but no change. then i click on the forcast panel to update manually, and it works fine... any thoughts?

i also notice that the forecast panel (with descriptions) seems to start with the previous day's weather - possibly an update issue as well...

Thanks,

Matt!
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

after you reboot the phone, it should change. That is why I got rid off it. I heard they are working on a new feed.
  6. JMak

JMak New Member

dafoxs, are you using any weather panel now? I've thought about using the weather that's put in the Clock panel. Any experience with that?
  7. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

the mini that i am using is the one integrated into the clock panel.
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Nope. Im not using any sliding panels any more after the weather panels were not updating. plus it is kind of repetive with my other stuff. I go outside and look up for the weather.
  9. JMak

JMak New Member

Haven't found a clear answer on this and I can't figure it out...

How do I set an action url to point to a file folder like Photos or to the SD card? I'd likr to have a panel for My Photos and have it point to the file on the SD card. I'd also like a page on my Tools Panel to open the SD card.

Any help?
  10. rhinodad

rhinodad New Member

The latest version of Chome Configurator fixes this.
  11. MystressNyx

MystressNyx New Member

Whenever I start CHome I get an error stating "Error while loading from the registry InvalidOperationException" twice, then the program loads as it should. Considering the fact that it has to be closed each time you want to commit a change to the panels, the double error is getting a bit old :frown:

I realize this may be related to the fact that I have 9h and I did not see mention of it in this thread, but I thought I would ask if anyone else has had this issue before just accepting the annoyance. In case it matters, yes my phone is application unlocked and my changes do survive soft resets, so it should be accessing the registry just fine.
  12. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I had the same problem but mine would not survive restarting the phone.

I solved the problem when I added NRG weather and loaded that and it saved all my changes. Plus I like seeing the current temp on my hs.
  13. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

I have the same issue as well on the Q9h AT&T branded with the 6.1 update provided yesterday by Mex.

I am trying the NRG weather app suggested by Dr. Q. now
  14. DrQ

DrQ New Member

the "mini" app is the one I settled on.
  15. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

Still had the same issue with NRG 3.1. Trying the Mini app now.

Update: Still getting the two registry errors start Chome Config.
    The good news is I like the mini NRG better than the full version.
  16. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I still get the registry errors but when I load/change a screen in mini it holds the setting though powers downs. So what I did was make the changes then configure mini to a different screen than it holds it. I settled on my present configuration weeks ago and it works perfectly except the long range forecast only seems to refresh when I restart my Q. Doesn't hurt to do that once every day or two.
  17. chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe New Member

I have been getting these errors too. I also think that what ever is causing this is causing some weird behavior in the panel settings. I cannot edit the pages of the custom panel that ATT added. It all seems to be related to the registry not being read/written properly for WM6.1 on this phone.

I wonder if they have figured out another way of locking the registry...

cj
  18. tulsa40

tulsa40 New Member

How do you specify a specific program/plugin to appear on the home screen? (I want to have Fring permanently appear on my home screen.)

Thanks.

19. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Yeah, I did that, told it to include all music, and all the voice overs from Sprint Nav now play randomly along with all my music and audio book files. :frown: Any tips on configuring Windows Media would be appreciated.
  20. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Yup, i didn't really notice it before, but I went back and checked and sure enough, just enough of a delay to get a little annoying.