CHome Configurator

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by seanatki, Jun 4, 2008.

1. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Okay with Chome Weather I got it to update once, and then never again. It always gets stuck at "Connecting - 20%". However, I still think that it should all be one panel. Show the current weather on the first page, and then a five day forecast on the second page and that'd be perfect for me. I'll be uninstalling this one and hopefully there will be a better solution for me soon.

Also bothering me is how damn slow it is to uninstall but I guess I should expect that with a 6 MB install file.

Edit: Redownloaded Mini Weather, its working fine now so I'm trying that.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I installed Mini weather. do I need to change it to my home town? I live in allentown PA. how would I change to that in settings? Also how do I change the temp to Fereinhite..how ever you spell it?
  3. Blsbball

Blsbball New Member

when you click on add url and it brings up what file to select, where exactly is the task manager located in the directory?
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it brings up a list of apps. it is in there. mine is close to the top
  5. jringo718

jringo718 New Member

Those of you having trouble with the CHome Weather updating.

I had the same problem, but it seems to work fine if you change the layout to NRG Slim (Option 7).

If you still have trouble, then try changing your zip code to a location code(go to yahoo weather, type your zip code and then look at the url for the location code)
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Cool that worked. last thing, is that number next to the city name suppose to be the temp.? mine says Allentown 79% now.
  7. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

For the settings not sticking issue...

Since those of us using this app just upgraded to 6.1 yesterday (Sprint), the chances are that our phone hasn't been "re-unlocked." We should try unlocking and then see if the app is allowed to write properly to the reg. I can't try at this moment in time...

Matt,

SFMQ
  8. LoDown3

LoDown3 New Member

sooo umm, i'm reading through this thread and...
    wat the hell u guys talking about?!

jk...but really, i felt lost and i know my phone stuff. I guess i need to have my phone with 6.1 and looking at CHome to figure it out.:embarassed:
  9. jringo718

jringo718 New Member

Does anybody know how to edit the CHome panel? The one that has the missed calls, voicemails, text messages and email accounts?

I have 7 added nonfuntional email accounts taking up space and I can't even delete them. They came from a sprite backup of all my texts.
  10. tlogix

tlogix New Member

This panel take the account list directly from Pocket Outlook so you have to remove the account from there first. But you mentionned that it's impossible so I guess a hard reset is needed :(

For the settings not sticking issue...

This is a good idea, please try to re-app unlock your phone and report. Or if some of you have a registry editor installed, please export and provide me the two following keys: HKLM\software\microsoft\chome and HKLM\Security\chome\DefaultSettings before and after the soft reset. This will help me make this software even better for you. Thanks
  11. Dragonheart8588

Dragonheart8588 New Member

I just add this to my phone. It looks great, and it works really well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=396068
  12. cmuchill

cmuchill New Member

Instructions

Does anyone have actual instructions on how to set up this program and what things mean. I thought it would be easy but I am having a difficult time understanding how to use it. Is there a FAQ or instruction quide for dummies?
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I'm not sure how to unluck the phone. How's it done?
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

come on this has been discussed alot
    download and isntall AECONFIG
    http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Is there a way to ad Tasks to a panel show they show up like the calendar one? If so, can you paste the code here?
  16. strongsteve

strongsteve New Member

Making it stick

Copy the sliding media panel home XML file from your phone to your PC. Edit it by renaming it and then saving it as something else. Change the plugins that you want to stick and copy it back to your home directory. Then choose it has your homescreen. Plugins will now survive a soft reset.
  17. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

I was using this for a couple hours yesterday and it worked perfectly and i loved it, until i downloaded Chome Weather program. I tried editing the slides again but when i go to save it gives me a Windows Error Report and deletes EVERYTHING from my homescreen so that it is completely blank. I have to do a soft reset to get everything back to normal. It happened twice... any ideas whats going on?
  18. Rcnathan

Rcnathan New Member

Is there any way to have the panel for music linked to my storage card?
  19. tlogix

tlogix New Member

Another alternative is completly remove the Plugins tag of the homescreen xml file <Plugins Order =.... />. It will let the registry key values take over (untested of course :) )

It is the current problem with CHome Weather, it is using an unsupported plugin CTestUIPlugin (as stated by MS developper) which will crash CHome when the homescreen is refreshed (changing color theme, homescreen). CHome Configurator normally asks you to reboot the phone when the CTestUIPlugin is enabled. Just reboot the phone if the crash happens don't worry about it.

This plugin uses Windows Media Library so just set WMP library to include all your music files and it'll be ok. All my music are on storage card and it works well.
  20. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

Thank you very much