CHome Configurator

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by seanatki, Jun 4, 2008.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

have to create a new page for every shortcut you want.
  2. tlogix

tlogix New Member

Answer for your question

Thank everyone for the interest in my pet project. I'll be available to answer to your question about CHome Configurator. This software relies heavily on the use of right softkey menu. Make sure to explore all the possibles choices.

To answer a few questions that has been posted here:

1) Icon/Picture
    All the icons/pictures fields follow this syntax: ACTIVE_IMAGE;INACTIVE_IMAGE (optional)

Image could be an icon index from BRONZE.DLL (comes with WM 6.1) or a path to a picture file (JPG, BMP, PNG, BMP) on the phone (memory or storage card). For example if you have 2 image files: myapp.png and myapp_inactive.png in \My Documents\My Pictures folder of you phone the entry should be: \My Documents\My Pictures\myapp.png;\My Documents\My Pictures\myapp_inactive.png.

You could enter the path manually or use the right softkey menu: INSERT URL or CHANGE URL to select the file.

2) Where the settings are saved
    In the registry not in the .xml file

3) Weather panel
    There are several weather panel for CHOME but none is in a stable state.

4) Interactive templates
    As their name implied:
    • Application Launcher creates an app launcher panel: select the app, select the icon and you have it
    • Contact dialer creates a photo dialer: select the contact, select the number and the icon.
    • Internet Link creates a quick launch for a web site for PIE: select an URL from your Favorites and an icon.
  3. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

Can you elaborate on the Weather panel please?
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

wow now thats service:tounge:
  5. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

Yeah, I created one panel and have 10 apps... Hehe this is fun :p
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

this is an assume program. is there a way to add the google search plugin? Also, do you have to reload the plugins you created evrytime you turn your phone in...Thanxs.
  7. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Pretty much self-explanatory, and simply beautiful results!

Great app! I'll try to figure out how to make it stick between resets.

Matt!
  8. tlogix

tlogix New Member

Weather panel

Am I allowed to post link to other forums :) ? I have two that are good candidates: Mini Weather 1.4 and Weather for CHome panel (CWeather panel). The first one is not easy to use and the 2nd is an still in progress open source project (written with using mortscript), it works but not without problem (could have some incompatibility issue with the current softwares on your phone).

Personnally, I follow the developement of both since 1-2 months but none is installed on my phone. I tests every version but only on emulator so I can't give you any advice, you must test them yourself.

Now the big question is WHERE. Both could be found on Google, I can post the URL but I must read this forum's rules first or unless our mod says it ok. :tounge:
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

OK, I just made a call and hung up. the plugiins I created went away. what am I doing wrong?
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I guess I should ask, does the program need to be running in the background?
  11. tlogix

tlogix New Member

This is a permission problem the software doesn't have enough permission to write to the \HKLM\Settings\CHome\DefaultSettings of your phone. Does it show any error message when saving the settings?
  12. tlogix

tlogix New Member

The software only saves the settings when it is closed. Make sure you exit the software to save the new settings. So just return to it using Task Manager of WM6.1 and hit Menu-Exit
  13. strongsteve

strongsteve New Member

many of the changes that I make with this program do not seem to survive after a soft reset? Can you confirm?
  14. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

there is no error message
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

same thin here. they are still there, just have to go and "Show" them
  16. kuluminati

kuluminati New Member

THis is an awesome app. Cant wait to monkey with it more to get everything setup. One thing I have been trying to do is add a shortcut to Nester. Any ideas?
  17. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

I tried installing that mini-weather program mentioned and it doesn't even install on my Q9c. It just tells me install failed and asks me to choose another location to install to.
  18. jringo718

jringo718 New Member

I am using NRG Chome Weather along with Chome configurator. you cant really edit the plugin around but so far its awesome. It doesnt show in chome config though

ill try to find a link, they are discussin it over at xda-developers.
  19. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Wow, almost 6MB for that one? What takes up so much space?

The forecast panel looks nice in screenshots. But, I don't like how it installs Mortscript as well, or how it needs a reboot to change the settings. I also don't like how it gives two panels though I assume I could just remove one in the settings. However, my biggest issue is that it just won't update for me.
  20. papped

papped New Member

Pretty slick weather app.