Chicks'n'Vixens Beta released on WP7 app store

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by jabberworx, Feb 1, 2011.

1. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Heh I understand what the purpose of the counter is and how it ended up in the release, so yes no reason to complain. :)
  2. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Haha cool :)

I've finished quite a bit of coding last night, the basis for the scoring system is almost finished, just needs a few more things and then it's ready for v1.0 release :D

Will hopefully have a preview video ready by tonight :)
  3. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

4. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Wow! Great work I'm really loving the strategic levels you are showing off now! I can't wait to play!
  5. Martin Hyson

Martin Hyson New Member

Nice work on the game. I just got my phone (HTC Arrive) and it plays well on there. You're already aware of the things I noticed so I'll spare you to repeated comments.
  6. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Yep, those problems are fixed, hopefully the update will be coming later this week :)

Good catch, let everyone who hasn't dowloaded the game know. Once v1.0 is out I'll start charging for the game and those people who haven't downloaded the beta will have to pay :-\
  7. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Just posting to let everyone know it's too late to get the game for free, it's priced at 99c now :-\

It was actually a mistake. Part of a new submission process is setting a price for the game, I set chicks'n'vixens to be $0.99 when I submitted v1.0 (which is coming sono hopefully :) ).

Since this was part of the update submission I thought the price would change when v1.0 was approved, but it turns out Microsoft changes the price before they approve the update.
    I'm really sorry to everyone who hadn't downloaded the beta yet, I should have been more careful with the submission process.

Those of you who already have the beta won't have to pay for the current version, nor will you have to pay for v1.0 when it eventually comes out (yes that applies to all 70,000+ peeps :) ). Everyone else will unfortunately have to pay...

Just wanted to apologies before people grabbed their pitch forks :p
  8. Route2Dev

Route2Dev New Member

Did you automatically publish upon approval? If not, you can change the price back to free and then update the price to $0.99 once you publish it.
  9. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

I thought about it but that would probably anger people who already bought it. Currently the 'trial' version of the game is basically the full v0.9 anyway so people don't miss out, they'll just have to pay for v1.0 when it comes out so yeah.

Situation isn't too bad far as the game is concerned :) it did catch me off gaurd though whcih is a bit worrying, but I'd rather not make another rash decision to switch back to free and usffer a potential backfire on that move..
  10. Route2Dev

Route2Dev New Member

It is a bit surprising that it works that way. Has anyone submitted a suggestion to Microsoft on the Dev forms so that Pricing changes submitted as part of the approval process only take affect once that version has been approved AND published?
  11. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

microsoft doesn't listen to requests very often...
  12. Route2Dev

Route2Dev New Member

But they did up the # of free apps to 50. If we don't ask, they won't respond. That is for sure.
  13. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

yeah you're right, but that was a much requested feature. i'm probably the only person who didn't like teh fact my game became paid ..
  14. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

15. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Looks great. Congrats on the 1.0 release.(y)
  16. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

17. DavidCo

DavidCo New Member

i enjoy this game, can't wait for 1.0 to be released
    edit: nevermind, just got update to 1.0
  18. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

A question. Why does your update say this program needs "data connection, media library, web browser, and phone ID"?

Do you actually use all of those? This is something that has confused me with other apps, apps needing things that wouldn't seem to be needed.

Unless of course you plan to work in other features that use these.
  19. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

It doesn't really need most of those things *really*. Part of making an app is defining the features your phone will use, I've always left it at the default ones because I don't want to incur MIcrosofts wrath because the media library is apparentlyu used by the game and I'm not aware of it.

In the end I don't think it affects downloads much :)
  20. jabberworx

jabberworx Member