Chicks'n'Vixens Beta released on WP7 app store

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by jabberworx, Feb 1, 2011.

1. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Hehe, I'm betting a lot on this proving true [​IMG]
  2. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Hey guys,
    I know i'll regret posting this *but*, here's a sneak preview of Paris (will be released with v1.0, if you have the Beta you should get it as a free update :)): http://i.imgur.com/Cf4Nq.jpg
    Let me know what you think :)
  3. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I like it a lot! Love the visual appeal and design. Always great to have different scenery great choice. [​IMG]
  4. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Glad you like it :) Planning onmaking it a rather global affair, perhaps I'll get a few mroe locations done for the final release.

Just want to make sure v1.0 is really compelling to buy :D
  5. WinningGuy

WinningGuy New Member

I'll definitely buy it. I admire the effort you're putting into getting input from the community.
  6. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

If you have the beta you'll get the full version free so don't worry about it. Lots of people say they'll buy it but if everyone who promised me bought the game it wouldn't realy be that much money. Just enjoy it damn you! Paying is for people who bought the game after it goes commercial :)
  7. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Hey, so it seems the 1.07 Version finally came out. Not sure the changes, but my marketplace just prompted me to update it.

Edit: Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but I think the rocks aren't quite stable. I just played level 9 (I think), and I bumped one of the planks a rock was on, and it ever so slowly rolled to the TNT crate and ignited bother crates. I won the map without my birds doing any damage.
  8. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Yes I know about the dreaded level 9 bug, I'll fix it for the final release :p

I dunno why I keep putting it off...
  9. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Hi Guys,

If it's not too much trouble could I get you all to follow me on twitter (@jabberworx) and tweet the following: @brianseitz @skipdeez @BrandonWatson and email: wpgames@microsoft.com asking them to give Chicks'n'Vixens XBL integration (so I can add official XBL achievements to the game).

I'm having difficulty communicating with microsoft and would appreciate it if the community helped me here so I can get noticed. It's just that Microsoft is HUGE and I'm small so it's hard to be heard, I know at least two people (brianseitz, skipdeez) mentioned in their podcast this game could benefit from XBL integration so I have at least two employees at Microsoft supporting me (even thought hey don't replyu to my tweets asking them how I can go about with XBL integration).

Cheers
  10. WinningGuy

WinningGuy New Member

I just tweeted. Good luck!
    jabberworx likes this.
  11. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Thank you!
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Good luck! I would love to see your game get XBL integration! I would help you out but I got rid of my Twitter account :( Great game so far. Love the music!
  13. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

14. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Hi Guys,
    Juset letting you all know v0.9 has been released and brings about many new features and is in generel a big massive update :)
  15. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

Why did XBL get shot down by MS?
  16. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

They said it was too much like Angry Birds. Honestly I don't know what the problem there is, it's like saying I look too much like Brad Pitt or that I run too much like Usain Bolt or swim too much like Michael Phelps or play Tennis too much like Roger Federer or drive too much like Schumacher (I can go on).

But hey, it's their ball so they can take it home with them and I cant complain :p
  17. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

I think it's because Angry Birds is coming to WP7, and they probably already got XBL approval.

And I think the new images look awesome. As well as the new birds (but what does the red one with the flappy wings do?). I also love how the foxes dance and clap when you loose a round.

But: Sometimes the view doesn't recenter on the cannon after a shot, sometimes at the beginning it is hard to get the game to realize I am trying to power up the cannon, not move the camera, and now there is no way to see what levels we've beaten (on purpose? Can we play all of them from the get go?).

Finally, you might think about a "back" button in the settings page (but I like the art).
  18. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Would be a valid assumption to make, but WP7 has both Need for Speed and Asphalt Urban GT which are very much alike. I'm not bitter about it at all but I can't help but feel there was some backdoor dealings going on here, even more so now that so many reviews are saying my game is better than Angry Birds :p (sorry don't mean to get cocky but a lot of people are saying that now).

The chicken which flaps its wing goes forwards faster and further and that's about it.

I'm actually a bit against having a back button anywhere in the game, the reason is that WP7 has a hardware backbutton so I figure why not use that for back?
  19. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Loving the new UI, animations, and sounds. Some feedback now, there definitely needs to be some type of scoring system I know you're working on it but there feels no purpose in the game without it. There needs to be a marker for completed levels. Having a button somewhere mid-level to access a menu with options such as restart, quit, resume, and options is essential. Why is one level slashed through with a blotchy red brush tool, we can still play the level so is that an accident in the artwork?
  20. jabberworx

jabberworx Member

Scoring system is definitely coming in the next update, I've already started working on it :)

There will be a star system for finishing levels so that will be the 'marker' (unless you mean something else?). Stars will also be used to unlock further levels (i.e. you'll need a certain number of stars to unlock x level).

In terms of being in the middle of the game I thought having the hardware back buttonw ould be enough? I mean we have it so why not use it?

The blotchy thing had a bit to do with a rushed timeline and lazyness :p

Also wow, you're the first person not to complain about the number counter thing :O