"Cheesiest" song on your phone...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sherri, Apr 17, 2009.

1. cindra

cindra Active Member

Love punk! The Clash, Iggy Pop, Buzzcocks, The Misfits, The Adolescents, Green Day, Blondie, Ian Dury, Oingo Boingo, The Jam, The Members, Circle Jerks, Specials, The Undertones, Boomtown Rats, Patti Smith, The Cramps, Sex Pistols, X-ray Spex, The Damned, Black Flag, Meat Puppets, New York Dolls, Ramones, Richard Hell & Voidoids...it's all good. :tounge:
  2. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Cindra, You're gonna want to remove Green Day from that list.

And no Hardcore punk? No Agnostic Front? Cro-Mags? Bad Brains? Minor Threat? Sheer Terror?
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

I love good music. I would have a very difficult time if I did not have my constant auditory stim while training, driving, cleaning lol...etc :wink:
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

This is why I dont classify punk and some other rock genres.
  5. cindra

cindra Active Member

Well, there are a couple of those that are more alternative than punk, but you get the idea. I leaned more toward punk, alternative, ska, so your picks are not on my radar. That's not to say I would not love them if I heard them. Stuff that was hardcore back in the day is now background music in commercials. Go figure.

Like Cheri, I'm open to about anything. :smile: Might have to check them out...thanks!
  6. cindra

cindra Active Member

Agreed. There is so much overlap that only the super-extreme can be called one thing or another, and there's so much good stuff in between! :smile:

Poor sherri...her cheesiest thread has drifted...back to cheesy: I found a Celine Dion Christmas song hiding on my phone. ;)
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

Hey, cindra! If it keeps us talking and civil, I'm very happy! (Lot's of drama at another forum...) :(

More "cheesieness": "Can't Smile Without You" (Barry Manilow) and "You've Got A Friend In Me" (Randy Newman)
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

Regarding the other forum it must be how people blow off steam. Granted most folks wouldnt dare confront people like they have been seeing...at various forums.

Now that is pretty cheesy lol
  9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

LOL...after 3 knee surgeries, 2 of which were complete reconstructions (different knees), I don't do freakish on my legs <G>. I do maintenance <G>. upper body I train much harder, but hey...I'm over 40. How frekish am I going to get. I'm perfectly content doing more than my body weight because only about 10% of all lifters can do that <G>.
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Yeah...On-line is always so "easy" to confront. Lack of personal interaction (the hey..it's a just words from a point on the net attitude) tends to make people forget they are talking to people and the do unto others rule.

Mind you, I have no idea what other forums you're talking about, but having been around Internet since long before the web, etc...it's a pattern that gets repeated throughout the decades...
  11. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Joe Espositio "You're the Best Around" (The Karate Kid song)
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

I turn 43 in just a few weeks :-D Well if you weigh 50lbs I guess it wouldnt be so freakish lol (JK) When you put that in perspective its quite unique sint it. knee surgery would put a damper on heavier leg routines wouldnt it. Definitely wouldnt want to over extend or over plate leg extensions..ouch! I wasnt aware of the statistics only actual person I talk to about lifting/training in detail is a lady personal trainer that also likes to "lift" heavier in comparison to most women that weight train as I do. It's kind of amusing though to chit chat with another woman about "how much weight did you push on the leg press this week" or "OMG you press that on the bench and what on the smith?" She is far more accomplished that I am lol. We are also about the same age so its very interesting. I can say this I am blessed to know her and my former trainer. They both know their stuff.

Speaking of cheesy lol what was the topic? Off topic perhaps?
  13. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

do you play that when your alone?

... couldn't resist :)
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

You know have this on your storage card! For those lonely cab nights waxing on and off...and on
    :wink:
  15. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I turn 44 a few days before you turn 43 <G>. For leg extensions, I typically do dual leg at a paltry 90#, and singles at 45#. I can leg press 360 as a max, but rarely do it, because what's the point.

I concentrate more on lats, pecs, delts, bi's, tri's and abs. There's only about a bazillion exercises for that stuff, plus if you use bands to keep in constant tension, you really can change your entire workout.

We have a trainer we use, not because we need it anymore, but because it keeps it fun. Every Saturday morning, we have a standing appointment and my wife and I alternate weeks. He's a former Hockey player, strong man competitor and coudl lift a brick house if he had too, but his emphasis has always been on smart lifting, breathing, form, etc... Besides...in realithy, you can get just as strong with a 20# dumbbell as a can with a 200# bench. He's terrific and it makes the training so much more fun.
  16. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

if I am the student..wouldn't that make you the "master".... :p
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

master waxer lol...better to give than to receive in that case
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

Ok...I started this thread, so I can "jack" it... EQBob, here are some "current" pictures of Peter Burns, the lead singer from Dead or Alive. Cheri's YouTube link shows how most of us remember him, in he 80's.

Here are some current ones...(He is supposedly suing the plastic surgeon, because there is talk about his lips "exploding"...):2cool:

Attached Files:

19. EQBob

EQBob New Member

WOW and YIKES! What is is with "celebrities" changing their appearance. For one, he looks like a girl, and second, he just looks plain, well, "cheesy". take those lips and Michael Jackson's nose and you could create a horror face.

I have however always loved their stuff. Blasting "there is something in my house" driving down the road, especially the intro, where the sound source switches completely from left to right speaker can help melt away a bad day. I also love "Brand New Lover", although I'd never do such a thing. <G>.
  20. txter

txter New Member

all the stock ringers that came my phone.... on all my phones.

isnt that why we change them?