checking for apps' updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by pikacz, May 31, 2011.

1. pikacz

pikacz Member

hi guys
    when i connect to wi-fi and open marketplace, i believe that the phone is not checking for apps' updates. it's only happenning when i connect the phone to pc and open zune. is it supposed to be like that?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Not at all. I'm able to check and update apps from the Marketplace when connect via WiFi.
  3. pikacz

pikacz Member

so after connecting to wi-fi your marketplace tile automatically shows 1, 2 etc. as the number of updates? maybe it's just my luck that the apps have updates ready when i connect through zune, not wi-fi :p
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

That's it. Works great. I'm running NoDo on a Samsung Focus.
  5. pikacz

pikacz Member

thanks, mozart with nodo user here. i'll let you know if this changes
  6. Jens Veraa

Jens Veraa Member

Same problem for me.
    This is my second Samsung omnia 7 (first one got stolen) and i remember that the first one checked for updates on the marketplace when connect to wifi. With this one it seems it's only checking when connected to the pc. Very annoying :)
  7. Giovanni

Giovanni New Member

I also have this problem. I wrote to wp7support twitter account and they said to exchange the device... but obviously they won't change it because there's nothing wrong with it for them...
  8. RobR

RobR Member

My phone updates Apps over WiFi but the issue I have is that I have 3 Apps that have an update but won't update, they always drop out of the download list. One of the Apps is Shazam which is odd because it's been updating since I first downloaded but stopped on the update 2-3 weeks ago.
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I get that on some of my apps, usually with trial or free versions. When it happens, I'd just delete the app and redownload.