Check out kinomaplay

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by aldrichdesigner, Aug 25, 2008.

1. hello

hello New Member

Shitty, scaning all Storage Card, without Custom Place, and a lot of trash on media library. Does not play standart videos from Q9h camera. Can't play AVI
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

can't play AVI??? Not good....

as far as the scanning the card...thats what pocket tunes does as well to check for new files everytime. kinda bs and should be able to do manually when you want to update like wmp. pt only takes 20-30 seconds though. how long does kinomaplay take? guess it depends on your multitude of files too...
  3. hello

hello New Member

10 minutes for scan my StorageCard and a lot of trash in Photos and I absolutelly can't navigate on Photos place anymore, because i have a lot of small files, like gifs, png for my GPS maps, like 50% of all USA road maps.

I can't exlude this folder, because Preference in the program very poverty!
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

wow! thanks for the heads up! cause yea...I got 1.5gb of gps maps on my card! plus I didnt want to try the trial and have it point all my files to it and get hosed. not that I've heard that happen yet. should try and get a rep from kinomaplay to post!

cindra..craig? same findings?
  5. hello

hello New Member

yes, i'm explain this situation for Kinomaplay support and they sayd: "Thank you for your comments and feature requests."
    Maybe in new version will fix this stupid bug :) and i will buy it momentally!
  6. cindra

cindra Active Member

For me it does scan when first opening the program, but I just leave it open and all's good. My card is a 4 gig (not full) and it only takes a few seconds to scan, maybe 15 or 20 seconds. I also run pretty lean, so the files it picks up are pretty much files I want. I don't have too much extraneous stuff on my phone. I do notice now it does not play avi, which does suck, but I don't have anything in avi I can't convert to something that will play. I don't store maps so I can't speak to what it does with those. Overall, I'm happy with the program as a fairly good single-program compromise so I'm not constantly switching between lots of different players. It has a very slick interface and eliminates having to open the browser and wait for downloading for a lot of stuff I do. That's a bigger timesaver than the scanning for me. Trade-offs, ya know. :wink:
  7. braj

braj New Member

I just got Moto S9 headphones and Kinoma doesn't recognize the controls on headset. This isn't a huge deal as I rather use the controls on the phone, but the Music key on the phone will toggle directly to Windows Media Player, but if you select Kinoma on first launch you go back to the AT&T mucis screen on previousclicks of the button. It also doesn't have preamp or a 5 band equalizer, which would come in handy since these aren't the loudest headphones.and honestly though pretty the default Media Player probably works better on the Q just for music playback.

Kinoma also uses considerable memory where Media Player is pretty frugal.

So for me, (and I have no GPS images) this is best for the podcasts, YouTube, and photos but comes up a little short for just music. If/when this app gets more power and some refinement, and maybe gets optimized so the memory footprint isn't so excessive, maybe then I'll only need one app, but until then I think CorePlayer, Kinoma and Media Player all will get used by me depending on the situation. I got both CorePlayer and Kinoma at decent discounts so spent $40 total for both. I almost bought PocketTunes for $37 so I figure I'm not too bad off. Just do wish Kinoma could have met all my needs, but it is 1.0 software.
  8. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

For me it's working great, but I agree that it probably depends on what you are using it for.

For me the huge benefits are the large number of streamimg radio stations and the integration Orb. I keep all my music on my home pc and nothing on my phone.

It's the same with my pictures, I may take them on my phone but I pretty quickly have them upload them to Flickr which also integrates with Kinoma seemlessly.

The large footprint is dissapointing but then again if I'm using Kinoma then I usually don't need anything else open anyway.

Craig
  9. sniffs

sniffs New Member

I love this software.. it allowed me to go through and remove my dupe pics.. great GUI also.
  10. mtnmedic

mtnmedic New Member

I signed up for the Superpass, but cant find any mention of Kinomaplay anywhere. i guess I'll wait a few days to see if an email comes with more info, i just have to remember to cancel the superpass in 14 days!
  11. Xebec

Xebec Member

You have to sign up with the link from Kinomaplay's website. You can't go to Superpass directly and signup.
  12. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

ever try downloading an image from your phone now? this program comes up and goes through the scan thing, I don't like that.
  13. sniffs

sniffs New Member

I must say that this is absolutely the best player out there. I love the features, youtube, flickr, live365.. i LOVE it.. although over EDGE videos constantly buffer/stream/buffer/stream.. In 3G, it works great.

I will most certainly be buying this software.. I wish you could configure it more however, such as not scanning the device while loading it, and the ability to set how much of a buffer to do before the video loads.

Also, anyone notice how much memory this thing takes? holy crap.. I ended it's task yesterday and it was taking 18 megs..

Which brings me to another question, on a WinMo device, if you have something like this stay in the background, does it kill the battery more? like.. is there a difference between this running using 6 megs, vs 18 megs? Does it use more battery life the more memory it eats up?
  14. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Great interface. A bunch of "services" I don't use though.
    A few of my videos won't stream with Orb but they do using Orb with IE and TCPMP.

If they can make an interface that polished without lags and glitching there ought to be some good programs ahead for us.
  15. PakWaan

PakWaan New Member

Disable auto-scanning

You can disable auto-scanning in Kinoma for those that don't like it - Go to the "settings" menu, select "Library", and change "Scan" to "Manually". No worries.......
  16. kalkatsuyoshi

kalkatsuyoshi New Member

I have no idea how to run the application. I've downloaded the free trial, it asked me to verify my email, then once I did that, it said to close the application and start it up again. However, there aint to Kinoma icon anywere on my phone so I don't know how to start it.

Its probably a super easy answer and right infront of my face but I cant seem to figure this out...please help.

Thanks
  17. kalkatsuyoshi

kalkatsuyoshi New Member

nevermind. i found it but i can only start kinoma when i go into the program files nd run the .exe. it doest show up in my recent programs list but at this point youtube works and thats all that really matters.
  18. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

create a shortcut to the exe and put it in \windows\start menu

-Sent from my Q9n
  19. kalkatsuyoshi

kalkatsuyoshi New Member

just figured that out. youtube plays great with this kinoma. thank u all!
  20. ModelMaker

ModelMaker New Member

I'd be a lot happier with the app if it would play audio along with the video I've created using the phone. Support says it's not their fault that the codec isn't available to them.