Cheapest way to replace cracked screen?

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Seth Ramsak, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Seth Ramsak

Seth Ramsak New Member

Please help guys , love my focus but cracked the screen. Does anyone know of a good place to get it fixed. Yes im on a budget.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

3. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Well, assuming you have had the phone for less than a year, it should be under warranty (at least with ATT), and you can take it into a store. That said, I don't know what their policy is on cracked screens, but that depends on the symptoms - if it is obviously from abuse they probably won't bother. If it looks like it might be something covered in warranty, they might replace it.
    That happened to my phone, and they replaced the phone for free. Of sure, I lost some data (I didn't have my contacts sync with my xbox account) but I got the phone replaced for free, and it only took me ~45 minutes.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

What did you say to get them to replace your phone? I have never heard anyone, before you, get their phone replaced under warranty due to a cracked screen. It's too easy to blame it on abuse.
  5. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

To be honest, I got lucky. First, it wasn't the touchscreen, but the display underneath. Second, by the time I got to the store, the display had just completely died.

Of course, even before it died, since the touchscreen looked (and was) fine, it looked like it wasn't abuse (which it wasn't, if a phone can't drop 2 feet without breaking, it shouldn't be sold).