Charging on 9h USB

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Mako241, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Mako241

Mako241 New Member

Charging on 9h USB

Sorry if I missed a post on this, can't seem to find info for this

How can I charge the 9h using just the USB cable (phone to PC). I have the mini USB adapter, but using this adapter with a standard USB cable does not seem to charge the phone. The only method that seems to charge the phone is the AC adapter.

Thanks
  2. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

It works for me without any settings changes.
    I haven't tried the micro-to-mini adaptor for data cable PC connection - although it works fine with the mini-plug AC charger.
    I use the micro-USB stand-alone data cable from a direct port and it gives me the 'blinknig-blue' charging indicator.
    Are you connecting through a USB hub? (Maybe not enough power available.)
    Or, try shutting down ActiveSync, maybe?
  3. Freefall

Freefall New Member

I have used my usb cord (with the mini adapter) to charge my phone many times. When I plug the phone in, my computer "finds" it and I get the "plugged in" icon on the phone.
    Only thing I can think is to check and make sure you are using a powered hub. Some will just act as a splitter but do not supply power.
  4. Mako241

Mako241 New Member

I don't get the plugged in icon.

I did not install active sync (yet), is it required to charge?

I am plugging direct into my laptop, I know the port has power I can charge my treo on it.

I just tried it again to be sure, I used the normal USB to mini USB that comes with the 9h, still no icon, no "glow" from the keyboard.
  5. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

I don't believe ActiveSync is required.

Does the PC's USB port acknowledge the phone - even as a "Removeable drive"?

(You said "...normal USB to mini USB that comes with the 9h....", I assume you mean micro?)

Just for the heck of it, remove and replace the battery, and see if that makes any difference.
  6. Mako241

Mako241 New Member

Yes, I meant micro USB, not up the the terms

I do get the XP plug and play dialogs, which I cancel

I have pulled the battery once, I will try again...

Maybe there is some minimum current requirement, I will try on a full sized PC as well.
  7. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Why cancel the plug & play? That may be your problem.
  8. Mako241

Mako241 New Member

I haven't installed Active sysnc so there are no drivers on my machine, there is nothing to point plug and play to.

Its likely I will be in a scenario where I want to charge the phone and the PC I am connecting to won't have the drivers.

I guess I have to install Active Sync and find out if it makes a difference.
  9. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

I would have thought that WinXP, at a minimium, would recognize the device as "removeable drive" - just like a USB flash drive - without adding any drivers.
  10. Bobby Budnick

Bobby Budnick New Member

11. tehbishop

tehbishop New Member

Just got my Q9H today and find that the USB cables plugging into the wall adapter jack doesn't work. :/ (It works on my BB so I know it's working).

Wish I knew what Amps/Volts/Watts it is expecting as I have 3 different wall-jack adapters (3 car ones as well) but don't what to hose it if the v/a/m is wrong.

Oh well.
  12. Mako241

Mako241 New Member

13. muttman06

muttman06 New Member

there has to be a work around for this.
  14. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Maybe a way to charge from the PC's USB port without installing ActiveSync will be found, but even if you don't want to sync your Contacts etc, it still appears to be the easiest way to uninstall an unwanted program (Tools > Add/Remove).... even if installed via download.