CHANGING WM6 LOADING ICONS..Post yours here!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by manbat, Aug 12, 2008.

1. manbat

manbat Active Member

CHANGING WM6 LOADING ICONS..Post yours here!!

There is a program called Marshalls Wait Cursors. It is designed for Pocket PC.....But it works great on WM6 Q's. I have a Q9m and it works great on my phone.Here is a link to the site to get the Program. It's "Donateware" freeware

http://www.marshallskins.ilbello.com
    These icons are included in the install cab...I installed mine in the SD Card it runs great. This allows you to keep many "Wait Cursors" on your phone at the same time.
    for any WM device (WM6. Wm6.1 too)
    [​IMG]

• Transparent WaitCursor
    • Change the cursor on the fly
    • Create your own wait cursor
    • Define your favourite cursor parameters
    - Interval between frames
    - Delay before starting the animation
    - Position on the screen

Additional information about this App in this thread Starts on page 41
    Link: http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-hacks/changing-the-loading-icon-18185-41.html

The cursors created by me in this thread are for MWC2.1.......There has been an up grade to MWC2.2 and cursors created for 2.1 will not work on 2.2 and visa/versa. Either can be modified to work on either with changes to the coding. Any Wait cursors I post after and including the KITT cursor will have a file for v2.1 and v2.2
    '''New Update...MWC3...Newer Cursors are created for new update to MWC3 available at same site'''
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

Here's My spinning Clock Face

==========================================
    Here's one I put together. Spinning clock face Wait Cursor.
    [​IMG]
    It's 64x64 so it's bigger. I'm not good at transparent backgrounds...so I used red. They are easy to put together. I am running mine from the SD Card...Works great!! Just unzip the file and drop the folder in Programs/MWC2 ( or the version of wait cursor you are using). You can then select it from your options. Looks better on the phone than in the animated GIF.
    Zip attached below.
    Attached Files[​IMG]SpinningClock.zip (51.6 KB, 0 views)
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it came up a bad link
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

Treefrogs Spinning Ace for WM6

TreeFrog's Spinning Ace
    Here is TreeFrog's Spinning Aces adapted to work on Marshall Wait Cursor Program. TreeFrog sent me the images to use.

[​IMG]

Zip is below.
    Attached Files[​IMG]Aces.zip (56.7 KB, 0 views)
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

what's wrong with the other thread ?
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

Works Now.

====================================
    Works Now....You're Quick.
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

Sorry,

TreeFrog Suggested I Start One For WM6......I'll delete or you can merge if I was wrong.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no that's fine, i just was looking for the reason...

/carry on.
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

Walking Spider

[​IMG] Spider Wait Cursor
    Tried this one just to see if it would work.
    [​IMG]

It works great on my Q9m, I've been told it locks up on some phones Try it at you own risk. It does look good on my Q9m!!Zip is below.
    Attached Files[​IMG]Spider.zip (61.5 KB, 0 views)
  10. manbat

manbat Active Member

Yin_Yang

Here's another quick one

[​IMG]

Zip is below.

Attached Files:

11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Lookin Great!

...don't worry about rb!
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for shits 'n giggles i installed this.. and when i try to start it: Error loading process... only option, reboot :]
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hey.... i see that :}
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I had that too until I clicked on config...or whatever is above the "red" remove icon!
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

okay.. trying to start MWC2 shows a brief splash screen.. that's it. MWCConfig shows me a screen in which i can not do anything (looks like the screen is portrait oriented)...
  16. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I got it to work, but I can only see the top 3 icon choices, there are other ones below, but the screen is to big. how do I see the rest of them?
  17. manbat

manbat Active Member

It's portrait orientated......

================================================
    There is a work around for that , go in the file manager. Programs/MCWC2. I made four empty folders named z1,z2,z3,z4. this allows you to see all optional cursors. Set boot delay to 2s, splash screen to OFF, Preview is un-used. Select the desired cursor ...press save. It should work. If not turn phone off , then on. Since it is a program and not in ROM at startup stock cursor will show. After startup selected cursor will be used.
  18. manbat

manbat Active Member

I have been in contact with the developer.....

The developer is working on 320x240 resolution support...this work around will work until then.
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Brilliant...that worked
    how ever you spell it.
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

click the configure icon.