changing the loading icon?

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by bolverkchaos, Feb 26, 2008.

1. TF..been away for a bit...no wm 6 fix yet?
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Just started working with the shellress.dll that gorg extracted off his Q and so far not so good! But I just found something altered from the extraction that might be fouling this up. Gorgs a bit busy today so I'm just chilling til we test more!
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

thinks she needs to get "G".s wii digits lol
    they had a SSB:Brawl near all nighter here the other night..
  4. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Haha, try and remind me when I get home and I'll send them. Don't know them off the top of my head. I'm still getting used to the game.
    I've been a bit busy at work, got out of doing inventory to do some printer troubleshooting. Got two Xerox Phaser printers opened up and gutted out. Gonna try a "home rememdy" I found on a printer forum to fix them tomorrow. My boss is bringing in a heat gun and we're gonna try and melt the wax out of the printhead and hope that clears up the printing.
    I haven't had a chance to check my e-mail as my phone is currently in a master reset state and not restored due to screwing it up again when I first got in to work trying a differant approach to getting the WM6 icons working, so do I happen to have some files sitting in my inbox for when I get home TF?
    I think I also screwed up my last restore of my Sprite backup. Cuz it's now not on my storage card either, but luckily I do have it backed up on my laptop at home... I hope... If not, it's not too bad re-installing and re-hacking the phone I suppose... :biggrin:
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Sent ya one email with good news but I've since realized I must of signed some other copy. Still read it though...

Basically I cant sign your copy for some reason...feeling stuck...again.
  6. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

As to your question on what's creating that registry folder, I have no idea. Send me the one you signed where you deleted that out and I'll see what happens when I put it in. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky. I have no idea if that relates to the extrator or not as the extractor doesn't give me any type of options or anything, just run it and it has a button labeled button 1 and a text box that will show (presumably) the file that's currently being copied off. It seems like it should have two soft keys as well, but pressing the keys doesn't do anything. The only thing I can do is click on button 1 and it dumps the files. So it's pretty much a black box application. I'd feel a bit better if I knew for sure it worked properly on WM6, but I tried finding a WM6 ROM extractor, but all I kept coming across were people with WM6 ROMs.
  7. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Finally home now, so if you think you have something that might work, feel free to shoot it over, I'll give it a go.
    Unless Cherri sends me her digits first and I get into a Super Smash Bros. marathon with her. :biggrin: Though I'll still take a moment between games to check for updates. *lol*
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

"G" im hooking ya up with my man kid and daughter...im an observer..for now...gimme time lol ill be watching :)

me and my offspring are on the road...ill get the wii digits when i get back! happy SSB Brawling!
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Files have been sent...:smile:
  10. cindra

cindra Active Member

We're contemplating the Smash Bros thing...is it a fun game? We were hoping for some physical activity with it instead of just controller action. If it's controller-only, do the classic controllers work best for this, or are the regular wii remotes okay?
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

buy it....you will love it.
    i let my kids take over...im a pushover....plus technically the wii is my daughters sooooo.
    i had a blast with rabid rayman...i am good at lassoing stuff lol
  12. cindra

cindra Active Member

Haha. Why am I not surprised by this? :laugh2: Maybe we'll rent it first and see how it goes.
  13. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

You can either use the wii remote, the wii remote with nunchuck (what I'm currently doing as I don't have the classic controller), the classic controller, or a Cube controller. I like being wireless which keeps me from bothering with the Cube controller. It's pretty fun though. SSB always is. I was lookin' forward to how they would combine the wii mote's sensors with the game, but seems they couldn't quite figure out a way to do that and just stuck with actual controls.
  14. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Just finished updating my Q9m with the MSU. I had already done it before, but ran it again, just to make sure my settings are the way they are supposed to be.
    Debating doing another dump right now or waiting until after I try these files from TF.
    I guess I'll try them now and if it doesn't work, go redo the MSU again and do a dump for files I know are correct. Though I already have a clean dump from after a master reset if anyone wants to take a look.

Dump from immediately after doing a master reset. No programs or hacks run, so it's as clean a dump I can do other than doing one after MSU "refurbishes" the Q.
    WARNING ~42MB download. Standard Zip compressed file.
  15. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Ok, I found a program that supposedly will dump your ROM to a raw .bin file. Unfortunately, I don't know what to do with said file afterwards. I've been trying to follow along some other forums, but I'm missing something.

I'm also not completely sure if I'm supposed to dump a 128MB file (the total size of the flash memory) or a 64MB file (the half that isn't available to users) so I did both. If anyone knows how to proceed from here, any help would be well, helpful.

TF, have you had any more ideas that we haven't already tried?

Jon, how's the house hunting coming along? (And you thought I was going to ask you for help! I'll wait till after you get all settled back in first. :biggrin:)
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Hey! I haven't forgotten this project!

Left work and bought a 4GB card so I could load up that darn Sygic GPS beta. Well I completely hosed something transferring files over..might of broke my one and only mini-micro adapter..hard reset..having trouble restoring with Sprite! Oh..it was poker night and lost my ass there too! lol!
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

aww TF not exactly a stellar day.
    I just barely bought a 2GB card...im not ready for 4...unless i find a good sale.lol
    my .man kid was like why not just get an 8GB.
    Well my birthday is coming maybe that was a hint lol
  18. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Didn't mean to imply you had stopped working on the project, I know everyone here has a real life. Somewhat. :biggrin:
    I was just feeling a bit burnt out after trying to follow some steps for other WM phones for dumping the ROM. I actually went to bed early, something like 2am. No wonder I'm feeling so tired today. I never learn that going to bed early makes me more tired the next day. Something I'll never understand.
    I've found about a half dozen ways to do a ROM dump, though if any of them actually do it correctly, I don't know, as the one Jon gave us seems to not since we can't sign the file. One way I found, I can't figure out the correct commands to get it to work on the Q, if it will even work on the Q. But I did manage to get a dump.bin file of the flash saved, but I must not have found the right phrase to type into google to figure out how to convert it to files. Can find a bunch of ways of convertnig .NBF (I think, not at home and don't have my bookmarks) files to modify the rom. But nothing on just a raw bin file. Perhaps just renaming it since they're both supposedly raw dumps, they should be the same... Maybe I'll give it another go tonight when I get home, though I'm thinking I might take a break and try and let my brain process in the background. (Really just trying to legitimize playing Super Smash Brothers instead...) I'll probably get back to it around 10ish at the latest if I don't do anything when I first get home.

Good luck getting your phone back to working status TF! I unfortunately must have made my backup after I had done something to screw with my icons, so I've been refraining from installing much that would be a pain to redo from scratch. Though maybe I'll do that and get a good backup tonight before getting into messing with the ROM.
  19. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

You guys having luck on the Q9m Icon?

I finally did find a house, thank god... now the packing begins!

I might have a little time to play with this tomorrow night, only problem is that the wife won't be home with then Q9m to try anything I come up with.

I will see what else I can come up with, in the mean time, like I said before, if there is anything I can do to help you guys, PM me!

Jon
  20. allright1

allright1 New Member

can anyone turn this into a loading icon for the w 9m, but make it move

Attached Files: