Changing the ESN on a Q9c

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by aliusa, Feb 17, 2010.

1. aliusa

aliusa New Member

Changing the ESN on a Q9c

I purchased a Q9C on ebay. The phone is flashed is Sprint ready but the phone is branded ALLTel hence Sprint won't activate the phone. However, I have several old phones I would like to change the ESN of the Q9c with that of my other phone. First of all, will that work (that is will Sprint activate it) and secondly, how do I do that? Does anyone have directions?

Thank you,
    Alicia
  2. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

Something tells me this is illegal.....as you bought a phone with a bad esn.....but someone else may be able to help you. Cuz if you could switch esns, i think you could clone phones and such....as I think that is what identifies you on the sprint network
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i agree doesnt sound legit

(welcome back)
  4. aliusa

aliusa New Member

Not sure about the legality but when I purchased the phone they told me it was a sprint phone. I even verified the ESN with sprint and they gave me the thumbs up. So I bought it. And then when it arrived it said, "AllTel" but when I turned the phone on it said Sprint. Confused. So I called sprint to activate. And they told me they can't but I told them, "you told me you can..."

Anyway, since I have the phone plethora of old and broken phones, I figured I can switch the ESN. Honestly, I don't want to purchase a new phone and get stuck in a contract again. I rather switch companies than buy a new phone. How hard is it for sprint to just add the darn esn to the DB -- rather than losing a customer :)

Thanks,
    Alicia
  5. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

change esn

I don't believe you can with the digital phones. That is how they used to clone phones. Also I believe it is illegal.
  6. aliusa

aliusa New Member

Sucks --

So how can I persuade sprint to add my phone to their DB? Since it was partly their fault for me buying it because they told me the ESN was clear.
  7. Starfox

Starfox New Member

Short answer: You don't.

Long answer: File a complaint with eBay and the seller. You were promised a Sprint phone, you got something else. You won't get Sprint to add the MEID to the database.

Even longer answer: You need to get some illegally-cracked software to do stuff that you are not supposed to do. You need to know what you are doing oe else you can brick your phone, very easily. Want to take a chance with that?

-- Starfox
  8. 4MUSKRAT

4MUSKRAT Guest

It can be done with CDMA Workshop. It cost $108.
  9. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

Changing esn

I had never heard of this type of program. Thanks for the info.