Changing Camera settings\returns to factory default when you open camera

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Ric Hatermann, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Ric Hatermann

Ric Hatermann New Member

Does anyone know if this is something that they ( Microsoft ) plan to fix? I've heard rumors on this forum about a possible update coming out soon? Is that update going to fix this bug?
    It seems that everytime I change a camera setting such as Contrast, ISO and anti-Shaking it doesn't give me the option to save? This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen and I find it hard to believe that Microsoft would be so inept. You would think they would have a selection that says "save changes" so the consumer would feel peace of mind, knowing that the camera is now set at your preferred preferences. I've changed several settings about 10 times today and they keep reverting back to the factory default settings. Anyone have any suggestions or info? Thanks, Rich H
  2. DavidCo

DavidCo New Member

While I agree there should be a 'save changes' feature, the camera feature was actually designed to go back to default settings so that the user knew what they were getting when they did the whole "quick picture" thing they like to make commercials about.

They do know about the pain this causes as it has been brought up to them in multiple settings. They have not stated if there will be a 'fix'.
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

4. Ric Hatermann

Ric Hatermann New Member

Man, I'm getting nervous. Are they really that stupid? Why would they really think that the factory default settings are more preferred than what the user wants. I'm probably going to be getting rid of this.
  5. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Apparently, someone had some type of logic that someone that changed the camera settings would forget those settings were changed. In my opinion, I'm pretty sure someone that messes with camera settings wants them to stay that way or will definitely remember the settings they last saved.
  6. The Sand

The Sand New Member

I was a little frustrated by this as well... the settings you select should be saved - and there should simply be a "restore defaults" button/selection to rivert back to in case things get too complicated . Hopefully they will offer that in the future.
  7. Jens Veraa

Jens Veraa Member

The problem is: There IS a Restore to default button! At the bottom of all the settings.
    So why would it be present, if it automatically returns to it's system default.
    Makes we wonder why we can't save settings while it's so easy to restore them.