Change start menu button

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by signorsinatra, Jan 10, 2007.

1. signorsinatra

signorsinatra New Member

Change start menu button

Is there anyway to change the start menu button on the home screen? I want it to have the same function, but really want it to say something different or possibly even have a different graphic different than the windows icon.
  2. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Changing the Start Menu Softkey

Changing the text of the Start Menu softkey would probably require a binary editor to edit the EXE file (or a resource DLL). Changing the graphic would be even more difficult, I suspect.

Steve
  3. signorsinatra

signorsinatra New Member

Is there a binary editor that would work or you suggest for the Q? Also, is it known which string I should search for when editing? Thank you so much!
  4. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Binary Editors

Not that I've heard of. You might be able to move the file to the PC, edit it there, and copy it back to the Q. Of course, if the original file is in ROM, the copy would be in Device Storage and using space. (That's true even if you find a binary editor for the Q.)

I assume you'd search for "Start" (although it might be the Unicode version).

However, this really won't be easy and it seems that the payoff is very small. Is the Start softkey really that annoying?

Steve
  5. inf3st

inf3st New Member

YES.. It's terrible. :p
  6. jcsnappy

jcsnappy New Member

Try This

www.mycnknow.com

Called "Right Menu" - This program has changed the entire way I look at a home screen now and I changed my "Contacts" softkey to " Program Menu". It also has a utility for the "Start" key as well - this may be what you want. try the trial, I used it for one day and bought it.