Cell phone radiation? Tumors and Cataracts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by larsdennert, Aug 29, 2009.

1. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Cell phone radiation? Tumors and Cataracts.

What do you think about the safety of cell phone radiation? One guy in our office had a brain tumor and another has gotten cataracts. Both have been using mobile phones since they were car mounted. Brain cancer is up 25% in the last ten years particularly in 20-29 year olds.

How concerned are you that a phone could be harming you? It doesn't seem to be discussed much. Are we in denial? Is this Agent Orange all over?:dft008:whoa

http://www.communicationagents.com/sepp/2003/06/07/cell_phones_are_not_innocuous.htm

http://www.microwavenews.com/
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

your TV and pc monitor put out much more radiation than the cell phone. Seems most young adults are glued to either/both.
  3. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

Put a kernal of popcorn in your ear and if it don't pop ... I wouldn't worry

lol .... just kidding
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

people don't seem to worry about radio towers, that transmit over much longer ranges.
  5. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Well actually base jumpers (skydiver) can only stay a few minutes at the top of a transmission tower before all the metal they are carrying heAts up and they begin to get ill from the power. Lasers don't consume much power but are also very dangerous. I'm just pondering the possibilities and curious how others view it. IE a joke a concern a danger a death wish? Handsfree laws may be solving two problems. Distraction and direct skull rfi exposure.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

just for kicks i like to talk on my cell and smoke while pumping gas....is that bad? =)

but seriously..seen that done many times!
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

There was an episode on mythbusters where they tested the theory of cell phones hazards while pumping gas. Their conclusion: BUSTED!
  8. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

ahh yes.. didn't they also use panty's to try and make a spark? :p

I may actualy talk for 30 min or so a day.

My concern level:
    cell radiation < belly button lint levels
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

wahahahahaha!!!! at least you can see belly button lint.
  10. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Atrazine is prolly more dangerous than cell phone radiation.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Well, some folks have been warning of the dangers of this ever since Arthur Ashe died. But, we eat more junk food, exercise less, eat more sugar, eat more red meat, are exposed to moe chemicals, etc. Who's to say that it was the SAR value being 0.02 (as an example) above some rather arbitrary set limit based on limited testing that caused little Johnny's brain tumor. He might have got the same tumor 50 years ago and it wouldnt have been detected and eventually he'd have died from an annurysm or hematoma. I think the direct and irrefutable evidence linking cell phones to increased rates of anything is limited. Are cancer rates really up or are detection rates really up?
  13. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Good point Bob. A hundred years ago no one died of cancer. It was called consumption.
  14. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I think it's more of the "American way" of life catching up with us.

I also think EQbob made a good point. Years ago many things were never diagnosed. Another thing to consider is we have more people now. So of course thenumbers may be higher depending on how they crunch the data.
  15. palbertr

palbertr New Member

Has anyone used http://www.stopphoneradiation.com or anything similar.