Cases for the Motorola Q9c?!?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by badmojo77, Nov 28, 2007.

1. badmojo77

badmojo77 New Member

Cases for the Motorola Q9c?!?

Hey all,

I recently bought and Motorola Q9c here on Sprint's campus (im an engineer for Sprint) and I like it a lot.. but I can't seem to find a good case for it.

I like the "flexiskin" or armor cases. Anything but that crappy pleather/plastic combo case. I have been able to find one case, but it doesn't allow for the extended battery. Any of you have better luck than I?

Just wanted to give a shout out to all of those of you who come here and help noobs like me.
  2. BIGD

BIGD New Member

I don't think that there will be case that allow extended battery :( only sidePouches
  3. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

I'd like to find a case too. Right now I'm using a pouch sleeve I had lying around that is actually meant for the dell Axim. I've got the extended battery in, and it fits perfectly.

I need something with a belt clip though. I'm thinking any of the cases that say they are for a "universal device" should work fine.

Heck, if a Treo can fit in it, then a q9c with extended battery should fit no sweat :wink:
  4. Boe

Boe New Member

Nonething but the best for my Q9c

http://www.senacases.com/Brands/MOTOROLA-Q9M-CASES/VERTICAL-POUCH-A02

[​IMG]

Product Information for VERTICAL POUCH A02

● Padded Protection
    ● Integrated ratcheting belt clip
    ● Soft Velvet Lining
    ● Top quality full grain leather
    ● Compatible with Blackberry's sleep function

Compatible with:

BLACKBERRY 8700 SERIES
    BLACKBERRY 8800
    BLACKBERRY 8300 CURVE
    MOTOROLA Q
    NOKIA E61-E62
    SAMSUNG BLACKJACK
    SIEMENS Sx66
    SAMSUNG BLACKJACK WITH EXTENDED BATTERY
    MOTOROLA Q9M
    MOTOROLA Q9H

http://www.senacases.com/
  5. badmojo77

badmojo77 New Member

After I two day relentless search, I must give up for now and agree with you :( .
  6. BIGD

BIGD New Member

get regular battery ,door and u will be able to find some cases for Q9 . whenever u will need extended batery take off the case :)
  7. bashed1

bashed1 New Member

Here's the response I got today from Sena Cases after my inquiry to them to see if they had any cases that would fit the Q9C with extended battery:

[​IMG]

Update for Case #3073 - "Cases for Motorola Q9C (Sprint phone)" Hello David,

We do not offer this case yet, however the design team is working on this particular model as we speak.

Thank you,

Michelle Meza
  8. Boe

Boe New Member

What didn't you people understand about my post. The frame work for the Q9c and the Q9m is the same. As a matter of fact I'm using my Sena case from my original Q for my Q9c with the extended batter door. If your look at the model number you will see that both the original Q and the Q9m's part number is AO2...
  9. badmojo77

badmojo77 New Member

I won't speak for everyone, but I understand your post... I just don't like the case. Maybe you didn't understand my post..
    I do thank you for your previous response though.
  10. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

boxwave.com makes armor/flex cases for the Q w/ extended batteries
  11. bashed1

bashed1 New Member

I thought the Q and Q9C don't have the same physical dimensions - so, the Q9C won't fit a case designed for the Q, will it?
  12. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

13. bashed1

bashed1 New Member

The site only states it will fit the Q9C; nowhere does it specifically state it fits the Q9C with extended battery. Also, if you examine the product pictures closely in those links you provided you'll see that the pictures don't show a "hump" for an extended battery on the covers shown. I'm very wary of purchasing accessories for a new model of phone; they very often just assume that an existing accessory from an older version will fit the newer version without actually testing it.
  14. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

Yeah, someone told me they emailed them and the products will NOT fit the q9c.

so ignore my previous posts.
  15. bdogg

bdogg New Member

Well Guys,

I wend to the Box Wave website and they do have the flexi skin
    for the Q9C w/ extended battery, it even says it. here is the link

http://www.boxwave.com/products/flexiskin/flexiskin-motorola-q_869.htm
    click on the small pics under the PRODUCT INFORMATION
    FlexiSkin Features:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enhanced with new SmoothTexture™! SmoothTexture™ makes the Motorola Q FlexiSkin feel softer to the touch and reduces surface dust
    Soft, low-profile case
    Form-fitting case designed to perfectly fit your device
    Available in cut-out keyboard, covered keyboard, or cut-out keyboard with extended battery support design
    Aluminum Grey, Coral Pink, Frosted Clear, Future Blue, Jet Black, or Smoke Grey color
    Anti-slip properties gives your handheld more grip on surfaces
    Durable and protects your handheld from scratches and bumps
    Washable and tear-resistant
    Allows you to attach your Motorola Q to the holster
    For information on how to install your Motorola Q FlexiSkin, click here
    hope this help, i don't know if this issue was resolved yet.
  16. bashed1

bashed1 New Member

Link provided is for the Q, not the Q9C. The debate rages on. :)
  17. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

also something to keep note: the actual flexiskin they have listed for the Q9c, (seen here: http://www.boxwave.com/products/flexiskin/flexiskin-motorola-q9c_2943.htm), has a circular area for the dpad whereas our Q9c has a rectangular dpad. it also has the extra 2 buttons on the botton row, which our Q9c is missing.

I would say the one boxwave has pictured is for the Q9h. either you're gonna get a case that fits the q9h or they have the wrong images of their product altogether.
  18. Brudarik

Brudarik New Member

If you click the pictures, the best way to tell is to look at any cutouts for the camera iris. The setup on the Q and Q9c is different. If it doesn't have the over-under iris and flash, but instead has a side-by-side, it won't work.
  19. seanb61

seanb61 New Member

BodyGlove CellSuit Case (9074403) for Motorola Moto Q9m work with Q9c

I just picked this up at a local best by $26. It works perfectly even with the extended battery. It is tight to put on at first but stretches out just fine. The clip and clip button is also removable if you are a pocket guy.
  20. entrefoto

entrefoto New Member

i just picked this phone up today and was searching for case for it at best buy (i work there) and i had the bodyglove cell suit for the regular Q and i tried the case for the 9QM but i couldn't get it to fit, maybe i will go back and try it out again. i know the one i had previously would not fit.