Cases for the focus??

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by muddtt, Nov 11, 2010.

1. muddtt

muddtt Member

Anyone got a link for cases for this phone? They had 2 at the ATT store when I bought my phone, a black bodyglove and some red one. I ended up buying the bodyglove but i wanna see other options.
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Asking the same question. Haven't seen anything outside of the small selection at AT&T. How is the bodyglove? I might have to pick it up as a stop gap. Right now, I'm using a sleeve that really does not fit so well.
  3. muddtt

muddtt Member

Pros:
    -kind of indiscreet because black color makes it look like its just the phone.
    -wraps around to the front so if you lay phone down on face the screen doesn't contact the surface

Cons:
    -the rubber around the sides makes the button sensitivity bad.

The ATT website had some more cases. I called a different ATT store and they have a clear incipio feather case so I'll go look at that later today.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...sp?q_manufacturer=samsung&q_model=prod4900501
    chris likes this.
  4. chris

Thanks, was able to track down a store with the grey Incipio. Going to give that a go.
  5. muddtt

muddtt Member

Bah, store made a mistake. no incipio case for me yet. ordered online.
  6. chris

Wow, I called two. One had the clear one you mentioned. Other had the metal gray. I made sure giving them the SKU. I plan on braving the mall today and picking it up. It's better than what I have now.
  7. termleech

termleech Member

The AT&T store I visited had the Incipio. I picked up to try and but have ended up removing it. I found it made taking photos hard as I had to press my finger in the side to get to the button and it was causing me to move the camera and mess up the shot. I'm much happier with a naked phone (my iPhone I kept naked all the time too) so I think I'm going to continue to do so. I've modified a belt case I had for the iPhone to fit my focus because I can't seem to find a good belt case yet.
  8. muddtt

muddtt Member

kind of the opposite problem with the Bodyglove case. I can't really feel the button that well so doing the half press isn't that easy. I also hit the volume buttons by accident a lot because I can't really tell they're there under the rubber.

Maybe I'll just do a full body skin and keep it naked, although I"m sure the back cover plate will be replaceable at one point so maybe its not even worth the full body.
  9. ryoungwriter

ryoungwriter New Member

I've got the bodyglove and find same issues as above. Do you have an opinion on how much safety the case adds in case of dropping phone? I never gave a thought to covering my BlackJack and it held up for years OK.

As for the buttons. Well, what a pain! I keep hitting the volume button by accident, or the on/off, or the camera. The volume is the worst: The bar shows up at the top of the screen, and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Thanks so much for all the pointers,
  10. ryoungwriter

ryoungwriter New Member

Solved the accidental button push problems by using a hole punch to create openings so the buttons don't get pushed accidentally. Doesn't look too bad, and seems to solve the problems.