Carrying the Q in your pocket

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by dragonauta, Jul 22, 2006.

1. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

No front shirt pocket

Falls out too often... I keep it in my front pants pocket...

frank
  2. hellomoto10

hellomoto10 New Member

Q in your Pocket

Is there any way to disable the backlight when it is in a pocket? Everytime I have it in my pocket I expect buttons to be pressed and the backlight turning on and off draining the battery.

Also, I can't get a full day on one charge. Do I have to get the extended battery? Is there a way to disable e-mail or internet to get a longer run time?

Lastly, I have a friend who has a treo. It does not have the backlight issues. I can return my phone for 7 days yet. Should I or do you like your Qs?
  3. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

I lock my keypad when I put it in my pocket...
    home key and space bar within seconds of each other locks the key pad...
    if the phone rings when it is in your phone you can answer it without turning of the lock...

frank
  4. pllobell

pllobell New Member

Pick up some Fellowes WriteRight screen protectors. They're great. I just replaced my original one... it was terribly scratched but underneath the screen was perfect.

And make sure you lock it before you throw it in your pocket.
  5. Gadgetgeekman

Gadgetgeekman New Member

Instead of the WriteRight I use something cheaper and more durable. I use clear vinyl table cloth covers. It's sold by the yard at places like Rag Shop or Linens and Things. I bought a yard of it a few years ago and used it on just about every electronic gadget I own with a screen on it. I simply measure the screen size and with a razor blade and ruler cut to size. Then I clean the screen carefully and apply two or three of drops of water on the screen. I then place the vinyl onto the screen and carefully align it and press out all the air bubbles the same way you would apply window tinting. That's it. It'll last much longer than the commercially available screen protectors and it's much thicker. It even works on touch screens. Another plus is when it's time to replace there's no adhesive crud to clean off like the commercial products. Try it you'll never go back.
  6. Sq322

Sq322 New Member

7. MarcoV

MarcoV New Member

Ditto...........
  8. quicksaveme

quicksaveme New Member

what does the bestskinever feel like? Do you notice it a lot?
  9. Suture

Suture New Member

I only have the screen protectors. I haven't seen any cases yet I like, and just don't plan on getting one. I usually have it in the left pocket of my slacks. No issues with it falling out. Sometimes while at work I'll drop it into my shirt pocket.
  10. Sq322

Sq322 New Member

Never even notice it.
    I have dropped my Q at least half a dozen times now, and it has not shown any real signs of it
  11. Suture

Suture New Member

Awesome, an hour after I posted this, I dropped my Q on the floor of our conference room at our lab. No visible damage and it seems to be working fine. I guess I'll be looking at skins/cases. :embarassed:
  12. Gadgetgeekman

Gadgetgeekman New Member

Along with my homemade screen protectors I use a silicon skin and an HP iPac cordura belt case. The silicon skins were bought from the Verizon store. They come in a two pack in different colors. Although it's only marketed for the standard battery it fits pretty good with my Verizon extended battery as well.
    Cheers
  13. maz3322

maz3322 New Member

14. houshane

houshane New Member

screen protectors

Those are way overpriced and you can get them for much cheaper elsewhere. (here[everythingq.com, or any walmart (have to trim those with scissors but for 10$ you get an entire pack of them)
  15. maz3322

maz3322 New Member

yes i know, but beleive me, I haver tried everything. these are the only ones that i can physically take a key to and it will not scratch. there is a video online, let me see if i can find it. here is a picture showing off the strength of one of these protectors [​IMG]
  16. mfpreach

mfpreach New Member

You guys are too paranoid. This isn't a device with a touch screen and soft plastic. It is glass. I have it in my pocket and gets dropped etc...and there isn't one scratch on it.

The durability of the screen is a key selling feature of the device in my opinion.
  17. hOEz

hOEz New Member

woww

A Lot of posts on this particular topic, n guy with the roll of plastic covering. WOW
    N yeah i just got my q some weeks ago, I keep it in my pocket unprotected all the time tho i tend 2 make sure the pocket is empty.

i orderd a silicone case it should be here in a few days.
    often wen u drop ur fone itll land on the edge or corner thats why u need a case, the screen has never gotten damaged from a fall on any fone ive had.

Ultra slim case or watever it is that they sell in the everything q store seems like a must for me.
  18. troutseth

troutseth Guest

I know that every case i buy . . and every screen protector I use looks worse after two days of use. The plastic cases scratch to the point that I can't see the screen and I have yet to get a protector to lie so flush as to not notice it. I keep doing all this to protect my screen but in trying to do it . . . I seem to ruin the view of that great screen. :gasp: So I stick with a rubberized skin to protect from drops and leave the screen uncovered. No scratches in 4 months . . . . . **crosses fingers***
  19. ricko

ricko New Member

i run mine in my pocket with nothing on it
    i put the screen facing my leg cuz i know nothing will poke through my leg to harm the screen