Can't sync contacts at ALL... please help?!

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by psfelix, Jan 13, 2007.

1. psfelix

psfelix New Member

Can't sync contacts at ALL... please help?!

Hey everyone. I decided to go a different route, and retired my Treo 600 in favor of a new Motorola Q. Great phone - but I'm having SERIOUS issues. http://www.everythingq.com/forum/images/smilies/angry2.gif

I downloaded the very newest, latest and greatest version of Missing Sync - and have tried connecting via bluetooth, USB, smoke signals, everything... And while my iCal events, files, sounds, just about everything else is syncing up just fine, I absolutely CAN NOT get ANY of my Address Book contacts into this phone AT ALL.

I have contacted Mark/Space customer "support," and have yet to hear back. I have posted on their forums, and have gotten no help. Maybe someone here has had similar issues, or knows how to help?

FYI - I am using a G4 PowerBook with OS 10.4.8. JUST bought the phone yesterday. JUST bought the Mark/Space software. Have been totally and completely irritated and confused for over 24 hours now...

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, starting and restarting, all to no avail. Here's the log error msgs I get (when trying to sync ONLY my contacts):
    Here's a copy of the log. i just tried reinstalling and everything:

1/13/07 10:15:57 MSUI: ------------------------------------------------------------------
    1/13/07 10:15:57 MSUI: Mark/Space Contacts: setBusy 1
    1/13/07 10:15:57 MSUI: Mark/Space Contacts: Locked com.markspace.syncservices
    1/13/07 10:15:57 MSUI: Mark/Space Contacts: Locked AddressBook
    1/13/07 10:15:58 MSUI: Mark/Space Contacts: SyncClient error. Can't register sync client.
    1/13/07 10:15:58 MSUI: Mark/Space Contacts: completePIMUpload called.
    1/13/07 10:15:58 MSUI: Mark/Space Contacts: Unlocked AddressBook
    1/13/07 10:15:58 MSUI: Mark/Space Contacts: Unlocked com.markspace.syncservices
    1/13/07 10:15:58 MSUI: Mark/Space Contacts: setBusy 0
    1/13/07 10:15:58 MSUI: Mark/Space Contacts: setStatusString string=Error on last sync. See log.

Help?! Anyone? Beuller...? Please?! Thanks in advance.

Pete
  2. psfelix

psfelix New Member

...anyone?
  3. psfelix

psfelix New Member

Problem Solved

Thanks to a kind user on the Apple OS X iSync forums, my problem was solved - by using the Terminal application to "unregister" all of my sync clients... Worked like a charm.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Cool. I had never heard about that... :wink: Good to hear you have got your problem resolved.

-Chris
  5. psfelix

psfelix New Member

The guy's name is Michael Lafferty. He was a great help. Also, as an FYI - Apple calls their forums "discussions."

For the curious, I launched the Terminal app and entered the following command string:

killall SyncServer syncuid; rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/SyncServices

Everything has worked great since. I don't really know programming at all ... just know this helped - hopefully it'll help anyone else who needs it. Thanks!
  6. 5nglassy@gmail.com

5nglassy@gmail.com New Member

I have a cpu with XP and windows outlook 2007. What does it mean to unregister sync clients.

I can't seem to download any of my contacts except the same contacts that I don't want....please help.

Thanks
  7. 5nglassy@gmail.com

Hey Chris, I just realized the previous thread was about the mac applications. I have a PC and.....I am having horrible luck....

I downloaded the very newest, latest and greatest version of Missing Sync - and have tried connecting via bluetooth, USB, smoke signals, everything... And while my iCal events, files, sounds, just about everything else is syncing up just fine, I absolutely am having a horrible time..it only downloads certain Address Book contacts into this phone and they are not the key contacts that I want..
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Missing sync is for a Mac. You need Active Sync 4.5 (XP) or WMDC 6.1 (Vista).
  9. 5nglassy@gmail.com

Chris, Thank you for your response. I removed active sync my cpu and downloaded it again from the disk that came with the phone. It still chooses particular addresses from outlook. Someone mentioned that it is possible to have a corrupt contact.

Did they mean that the "Coontacts" folder itself could be corrupt? Outlook will not let me delete the actual "contacts" folder...even though I am able to make a new folder, the primary "Contacts" folder still is present...

Sorry if I sound redundant.
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Huh??? Okay... I'll play along...

When they say a corrupt contact, they mean the individual entries, not the folder. Also, you are not able to sync a created contact folder. Only the main folder can be synced.