Can't Send Pictures With Text Messaging

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by RickB, Aug 12, 2006.

1. RickB

RickB New Member

Can't Send Pictures With Text Messaging

Hi,

With my previous cell phones I could take pictures and send them via text messaging. The Q manual says I should be able to do this. However, when I text message and try to insert a picture the insert command is ghosted and will not work. I cannot take a picture and immediatley send it either. I, of course, use Verizon as a service. Is this a Verizon thing? A Q thing? A misprint in the manual thing? A I'm an idiot and no matter what I'm doing it wrong thing?

Thanks, Rick B
  2. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Take a picture (use the 640x480 resolution). From the preview menu where you see your picture you just took, click Menu>Send>MMS. You can't send it via "text" you have to send it using "MMS".
  3. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Believe it or not, you have to send an MMS to get it to work, Even weirder is the fact that when you take a picture, and then click send, it doesn't just insert it straight into one, you have to choose from that list to send it by MMS, once you do that it should automatically insert it. You can insert sound too, and the text of your message goes down at the bottom.

Hope this helps
  4. RickB

RickB New Member

Thank you

Thank you both for the info. One last quick question. Is there any difference between text messaging and MMS in charging? I have the 1000 texts for $10 option.

Thanks, RickB
  5. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

I'm pretty sure it's billed the same. You may want to confirm that with Verizon, but I don't recall a picture text package, only text packages.
  6. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

If you have the package, text and pix are billed the same. If you don't have a package, I believe pix msgs are billed for more $$$ than txt messages.
  7. MarcoV

MarcoV New Member

I'm sure this is a dumb question...

What is SMS & MMS?
  8. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Hey, SMS stands for Short Message Service, and i'm guessing MMS stands for Multimedia Message Service. That being said, SMS is standard TXT messages, and MMS is pictures, movies, etc[SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]
  9. scoutnex

scoutnex New Member

mine Q doesnt give me an MMS option???
  10. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

Here are 3 ways that I have found to send MMS messages:

Option 1:
    Go into contacts, highlight a contact with a mobile phone number, press the right softkey (menu), and you should see an option to Send MMS.

Option 2:
    Open messaging, select the MMS account, press the left softkey (new), fill in the necessary fields and press the left softkey (send).

Option 3:
    Open Pictures & Videos, highlight the picture you want to send, press the right softkey (menu), choose send, select the MMS account, fill in the necessary fields and press the left softkey (send).
  11. scoutnex

scoutnex New Member

thats the problem though. i dont see the mms account.....
  12. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

You've got me stumped. Let's hope that somebody else has seen this problem and has a work around for it.
  13. scoutnex

scoutnex New Member

yeah for sure. just wondering if i deleted the account somehow or something.
  14. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

I looked into that and didn't see a way to delete my MMS account. I hate to recommend this, but if you don't have too many 3rd party applications and customizations, I would recommend that you do a Master Reset, which should bring it back.
  15. scoutnex

scoutnex New Member

was thinking bout that. does that erase pictures? audio files? or just resets applications? i dont have anything 3rd party installed. so it would be easy to do.
  16. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

It will erase ANYTHING on the Q. If you have any data (pictures, audio, etc.) on your Q's internal memory (master reset will not affect memory cards), copy them to your PC first.
  17. scoutnex

scoutnex New Member

I will do that as soon as i get home... thanks man appreciate the help :D
  18. houston q

houston q New Member

i'm w/ sprint pcs & also do not see MMS anywhere...Sprint tech told me due to it being a business device, i am not able to email or text pictures...how true is this...
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its just something sprint did as well as alltel...verizon has MMS capabilities....
  20. dish2007

dish2007 New Member

i have alltel and it doesnt show MMS either soo im wondering is there anyway to change any of that?