Can't Delete Emails!!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Zachary Bauer, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Zachary Bauer

Zachary Bauer New Member

I'm going through deleting emails in my hotmail account on my phone. My deleted items folder no has over 3700 emails. I can't find an option to delete all these emails on google unless I perform a hard reset of the phone. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Half of my phone space is now filled with old emails.

What is the solution?
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You could do a delete all from Hotmail on the web. Then go back to your phone and sync it. Your phone should mirror the web.
  3. jaysonben

jaysonben Member

If you go into the folders, and then into the deleted items folder, there is an option to empty that folder. Tap the three dots on the bottom of the screen, and it should be the first option listed under the icons.

That should clear some space for you.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Nice I didn't even know that option was there! You on Mango? I wonder if that option has been there since NoDo? Another good option is to NOT sync deleted items folder. That way you will never see them on your phone.
  5. jaysonben

jaysonben Member

I'm still running NoDo on my phone.

Even if you don't sync the deleted items folder, it will still populate with emails that you delete using your phone. One strange thing I have noticed is if you move an item to a different folder, or even delete it, you can still look at the item in a non synced folder after email updates. I'm not sure why that happens...
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I have noticed this as well. I think that is because you have deleted it from the phone. But as soon as the phone syncs (manually or auto) the items disappear.