Can't change profile, time, alarm settings + Error"The settings could not be opened"

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by david5000, May 16, 2010.

1. david5000

david5000 New Member

Can't change profile, time, alarm settings + Error"The settings could not be opened"

Hi everyone,
    I've been stuck with this weird issue for over a month now that appeared out of the blue.
    When I try to change the phones ring profile (i.e. from normal to vibrate), time+date settings and alarm settings I am unable to and get an error message saying:
    Error
    The settings could not be opened

I've been trying to search for a solution but have had no luck in fixing the issue.
    What I hate the most is how one of my alarms is set for 10am every morning, so every morning it is going off and I can't change it as I get the error message above.
    If anyone knows how to fix the whole problem short of formatting/resetting the phone to factory WM that'd be great ,
    but at the very least if anyone knows how I could disable/change the alarm (say from the registry maybe?) I'd really appreciate it!!

I think this is a WM problem more than it is the fault of the actual Q9c phone, for whatever thats worth...

Thanks in advanced for any help!