"Cannot place a data call while a voice call is in progress..."

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by dereknags, Nov 22, 2009.

1. dereknags

dereknags New Member

"Cannot place a data call while a voice call is in progress..."

My fiancé has a Q9C and as of recently has been getting an error when trying to use internet explorer. "Cannot place a data call while a voice call is in progress." It asks her to end the voice call before placing the data call. Every time this issue arises there is never a voice call being placed. She basically has to restart the phone and even then sometimes the problem is not fixed. She says sometimes it can happen up to three times in a row before she can actually connect to a website through IE. I have searched the forums here and hellomotoq.com etc and have not even been able to trigger keywords for the most part. I was wondering if anybody could point me to another post that has a resolution to this or share with me what they had to do to get this issue resolved.

Much thanks in advance
  2. stratt28

stratt28 New Member

Exact same issue for me....would love to see any thoughts, resolution.....thank you
  3. natedog7

natedog7 New Member

I have the same issue as well. Im guessing our phones are junk
  4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Have you tried a master reset?
  5. nevergonnauseth

nevergonnauseth New Member

yeah... this use to happen to me a lot, especially when i just got out of a call and tried to look up something. it was usually my e-mail being pushed in (since data doesnt work during a call) or some other background application loading. she got anything running in the background or e-mail clients set up to check?
  6. jfettig

jfettig New Member

I was having the exact same problems, I just moved but have the old service(alltel) and I went home for thanksgiving and it started working again and now it works.

The only thing I can tell is that it was on "Automatic A" when it didn't work, I went home for thanksgiving and after it started working, I checked and it was on "Automatic B". Now it works... Thats the only thing I can figure.

I did a master reset, tried a number of things and it wouldn't work, the freak 120mile trip and it works.

Jon