Candlelight killed my Saga, please help.

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by Heckler, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

As for how this works on the SAGA, I can't speak of that since I don't have one.... YET!

As to the program on WM6.0 and 6.1 devices, I am running it on a xv6800 with WM 6.1 and it works BEAUTIFULLY!!!

I will experiment when I get my SAGA on the 13th.

Jon
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

Candlelight has nothing to do with the OS. It works with the phone. It does NOT work on the Q9 series, because the phone has a BUILT IN SETTING to dim the screen in bright light.

Candlelight works on the original Q, and was thought to save battery life by dimming the screen. This is debatable. I use it to dim the screen at night, when I am using the phone in my dark bedroom. Phone gives off such a bright light (without Candlelight), that Richard says it is hard to sleep...:2cool:
  3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

If I use my phone at night in the bedroom, the bright screen in the dark room freaks out my birds.
  4. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

I DID get MVBklight 1.4.2 and for the matter 1.4.3 to work on my SAGA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=379270

You need to run the MVBklcfg and use the following settings:

* Change "SETTINGS FOR" to MANUAL
    * Change "POWER BACKLIGHT REGISTRY NAME to "BRIGHTNESS"
    * Change "MINIMUM VALUE" to "1"

I changed my camera button to "MVBklPopup" and now I can change my brightness on the fly!

Hope this helps some of you out there! Also, I am a MAJOR tweaker fan, so if you have any questions, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Jon