Candlelight killed my Saga, please help.

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by Heckler, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Heckler

Heckler New Member

Candlelight killed my Saga, please help.

So I tried to put the free version of Candle light on my Saga today. Works fine (application does its job), however...when the phone goes to sleep and the screen goes blank it will not come back.

You can push the buttons and hear that the phone came back awake, however, the screen does not. You have to pull the battery and put it back in.

Is there anyone who knows what registry entries that candlelight changed that I can change back to fix my phone? I have synced it with my computer in the 2 days I have owned it, but outlook is not setup because I don't have the CD-Key for outlook so all my contacts will be lost if I hard reset. Also, I don't know how to hard-reset this device.

Can anyone help?
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Is it supposed to work on the Saga anyway? It was used on the original Q since it didn't have a light sensor.
  3. Heckler

Heckler New Member

Apparantely not. Now that I read into it, it borks the registry on any phone but an original Q. Does anyone know the proper way to reserve the registry entries? There is a post about it somewhere but I cannot find it.
  4. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Yeah I made the mistake of putting it on my Q9c, and had to find that registry entry and change it after I uninstalled it.

I found my post reiterating the registry hack. It's here.
  5. Heckler

Heckler New Member

Fixed. For future reference. Re-install. Turn on, turn off. Uninstall. Soft reboot. Change reg key. Soft reboot. Fixed.

Thanks guys. Don't be stupid like me, read before you install :)
  6. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

Interesting, it worked fine on my Q9m flashed to the Q9c firmware with WinMo 6.1. Considering it's basically the same hardware and software, I'm surprised you had issue. What was occurring?
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

read post #1.
  8. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

Post #1 is what occurred on a Saga, not on the Q9c (which I quoted in my response, "putting it on my Q9c").

I'm curious what problems occurred on the Q9c. If it was the exact same issue as the Saga then it might be possible to resolve the issue as Candlelight works fine on my Q9m with Q9c firmware.
  9. Heckler

Heckler New Member

Just for reference, it works perfectly on my gf's Q9M which it isn't designed for....
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Didn't Candlelight turn the flash on the make it look like a mini flashlight?

Does the Saga even have a flash? I don't see one looking at the back of mine.
  11. sherri

sherri Active Member

No. Candlelight "dims" the screen. On the original Q, the screen is extremely bright. Someone came up with this application, and it dims the screen. Many thinks it saves battery life, but I don't think so. It is great, though, when I am using the Q in bed to play here, and the screen is too bright for Richard to sleep...
  12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ok...thanks. I guess I'm thinking of the wrong app. I know there was one which turned the flash on to be a flashlight. Which would *really* be a trick on the Saga, since there is no flash <G>
  13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

You're thinking of Moto Q Flashlight.
  14. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Ah...that's it...thanks...I knew I'd.....

wait for it....

see the light...

<groan>

<G>
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

The app you are thinking of is The Moto Q Flashlight. (http://www.charltonfamily.net/software)
  16. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Thanks sherri. I was too lazy to put a link up.
  17. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Backlight

Off topic, but kinda on topic.... I have been following this thread because I am eligible to get the Saga on 3/13. I had the original Q, then Q9m, then the Q9c and then moved over to the xv6800..... on the 6800, I use a program called MVBklight 1.4.2.

Now I take no responsibilities for what happens, but given that the SAGA is a PDA like my xv6800 instead of a SMARTPHONE like the Q's, this may be what you are looking for! It is a GREAT program!!!

Let me know of the outcome, if you try it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=379270

Jon
  18. Jwurm99

Jwurm99 New Member

Candlelight killed my Q

That program is so outdated its meant for like PDA's before they were even cell phones. I installed it on my Q and it bugged out the screen to the point were I needed to do a hard reset.
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

It was written for WM 5.0, and it works beautifully on my phone.........:tounge:
  20. Heckler

Heckler New Member

Did a reg backup (learned my lesson this time) and installed that program. Doesn't work, screen bugs out like crazy and when phone turns off it wont come back on.

Simply went back to the backup, phone is fine....but don't try this on WM6 or WM6.1

As far as the guy talking about getting the Saga, get it.... I've had a Q and my girl has a Q9M, it's lightyears ahead of those. Simply amazing phone!

Battery life still sucks but I was already expecting that.