Canceling VZW question

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by stryker412, Nov 6, 2009.

1. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

Canceling VZW question

I know you have an ETF if you cancel early but one I thing I can't seem to find is if that is per line or for the entire account?
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

Think it is per line if you just want to end that line but keep others active.
  3. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

What if you want to cancel the entire account?
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

probably the ETF per account
    so its 175 per account and its on a sliding scale of how many months you have left on your current plan

i dont remember what it was a month off the ETF
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i make passports and id's if it gets to extreme with them! =)
  6. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

thought I might add this:
    be sure if you do this you early terminate BEFORE the 11th! VZW is about to up their etf by like 300%!
  7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

That is discouraging. VZW is the only serious option to USCC here in Central Orygun.
  8. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Im suprised you dont have ATT and or Sprint...where the heck do you live in a tree?! :dft002:zombie jk jk :dft009:smile
  9. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

The ETF on verizon is 175 per line. I think its only 10 bucks per month credit per line towards that fee. Also the ETF is part of your contract so yours will stay at the 175. I am getting the Droid but I have to wait until the 15th to be eligible for the upgrade price. Bad part is that happens to be when they raise there ETF :016:upset As long as I dont go unemployed I will be alright because I dont plan on switching.
  10. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Pretty close! Sprint is here but they don't have the coverage VZW has since VZW bought UniCel who was the first carrier to put towers up here. Sisters only has 2,000 people. Deschutes County 160,000.

The ETF is only _doubling_ to $350 for smartphones.
  11. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

lmao wow

ONLY 350! >.<
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

but hey drift...i think thats only half of a _double double_...which would be extreme! =)
  13. simollie

simollie New Member

So if I understand you correctly, you mean the ETF will double after 11/15 (not 11/11) for new contract with smartphones, right? My existing contract will not be affected, I hope?

I thought the prorate per month was $5/line. And will go up to $10/line after 11/15. Funny that it seems even if you are only 1 day short of the contract term you'll still pay 30% of the ETF.

14. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

I see people on ebay selling phones that have a clean ESN, when would have a bad ESN?
  15. txter

txter New Member

i just cancelled a line yesterday. the new ETF is only for new contracts signed after it took effect. then for every month u complete in your contract they deduct $5 off the ETF.
  16. mytem

mytem New Member

Vzw etf

Yes, Verizon doubled for new contracts. You can reduce your spend by lowering your plans to the min until it makes more sense to cancel than pay.