Can you download paid games (for free) for Windows Phone 7

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by SpaceCow, Jan 11, 2011.

1. SpaceCow

SpaceCow New Member

I'm planning to buy Windows Phone 7 (HTC Trophy), but one thing is simply "not letting" me =/
    I would like to download games (Apps also) on my PC and then simply move them to my phone or .. Simply "root" the phone, and get the games from market. Is any of those two possible ?
    I didn't decide yet, but I'm most likely gonna buy Trophy. Although if I can't get games / apps for free, than I might consider again HTC Desire.
    Problem is that I don't have credit card (and I can't get one atm), so I can't buy games / apps from market =/

Thanks!
    Cheers!
  2. jab119

jab119 Member

games and apps for windows phone 7 are only stored on your phone, they are not stored on your PC. I believe there was a way to "jailbreak" the phone to side load apps, but if i recall correctly it was blocked and not sure if another "jailbreak" has been created.

there are free apps and games in the market place that dont require a credit card. For paid apps that you want to side load for free, think of the time the developer spent to create that game, he needs to eat and pay bills like everyone else. It would be like me coming over to your house eating all your food and giving you noting in return. Im just saying.....
    James
  3. ajayden

ajayden Member

I think since you cannot get a credit card, you cannot buy games/apps...therefore you can buy the HTC Desire.
  4. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Maybe it's just ATT, but when i buy something, I have the option to charge to my phone bill.