Can this be done effectively?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by dan.mccartney, Jun 1, 2008.

1. dan.mccartney

dan.mccartney New Member

Can this be done effectively?

Alright, so I just bought my wife a Motorola Q, for Verizon Wireless. The only problem she is having with it is her fingers slide off the keys because they are rounded and she uses her thumb nails to press them. She had no problem with this until she saw the one that I got the other day. The Q9 c. Much flatter buttons, and they all touch. So here is my question.

I have done a lot of looking on the web, at the 2 phones themselves and I need to know if it is possible to take a keypad from a Q9 c and put it in the Q. And like all things I am sure that it is possible but I need to know if it is going to be relatively painless and easy. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Dan
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

there's no seperation between the keys of the Q9c but there is on the Q1, so I doubt they would fit in the stock case. It may be possible but it probably won't be easy.
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

would have to agree with paco....
    dont waste your time

-Sent from my Q
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you brought it on to yourself, just get her a Q9 already :}

potQ.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

plus I thought there was hotkey differences between the two...and of course the 9 is wider...no?
  6. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Verizon does have a good deal for the Q9C if you can get a new 2 year deal. $79.99 after rebate.
  7. dan.mccartney

dan.mccartney New Member

Yes I know. I thought about that. The only problem with doing that is I would have to get out of the Family plan that I am on now and then sign her up for her own plan. I looked it up to see how much it would be and it was going to be more if we had our own plans. She is okay using the phone, and doesn't care a whole bunch about the keys, but we will be getting her a new phone in a couple of months probably. And by then I am sure they will have come down a little more in price. Thanks for the help though guys.