can i turn off verizons internet?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by bmar29, Apr 21, 2008.

1. itasor

itasor New Member

Disabling Mobile Web access via VZW's website and having a data block put on your account are different. Can anyone confirm that turning off Mobile Web effectively disables data usage for the internet on the Motorola Q without disabling MMS?

I have never heard of this before. I ended up doing the password hack so that if I opened IE or VCast I did not get charged for the connection. If there is a "real" way of disabling the data without disabling MMS, I would love to do that instead.
  2. ***MotoQMamma***

***MotoQMamma*** New Member

<_<
    i just got the moto q and have verizon - I used it for picture message and DO have unlimited messaging plan, for pics, messages & videos - but per Verizon "since it's a smartphone" all picture messages will be counted as data. I've been infuriated since to try to find a different way to send pics other than being charged for data transfer for the dumb things since I already pay for unlimited pic messaging and it works to send on all our other 'cheaper' phones, but not on the smartphone..but i find this is repeatedly so I think you DO get charged for data if you send or recv pic messages even WITH unlimited messaging on your plan. have you noticed on your billing that you ARE charged for pic messages even with unltd pic messaging?
  3. bmar29

bmar29 Member

the only alternative is buying a wifi card and just tell your friends to email the pictures or whatever...that would work
  4. ***MotoQMamma***

thank you for your response - but I thought I couldn't get a wifi card for the Moto Q, only for later versions or something like that?
    I just got another response from Verizon TODAY now saying, and I'm QUOTING:

"she has the Motorola Q.
    >
    > I apologize for any confusion. Your Select plan includes unlimited text, picture and video messages for all of your numbers, including your daughter's line.
    >
    > It used to be that picture messaging on a data phone would use data, but we have fixed that. There is now no extra charge for her to use the messaging functions on her phone."
    SO NOW I am really confused. I don't get it - is she ALSO misinformed or is my daughter going to be able to send pic messages anyway and not get charged? Seems like Verizon reps may also be confused but ready to bill whenever they choose? I don't know which to believe the most, but of course would prefer that we can still send pic messages at no charge?! HELP!? (unless it does work to get a wifi card for a moto Q, the silver 1st one...) THANKS!!!:gasp:
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

correct only the Q9's can use a wifi card
  6. bmar29

bmar29 Member

im sorry i just assumed that because you were posting in the Q9m forum you had a Q9
  7. ***MotoQMamma***

:frown:i APOLOGIZE - I am obviously really new to this so I feel stupid I was in the wrong forum if there's a seperate one for the regular/previous Moto Q ...
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

In answer to the Verizon picture messaging, even with no data plan, since you have unlmited text/picture messaging, it is included. Verizon charged me data when my son sent out pictures from his cel phone. I called them and told them I have unlimited text/pics from all 5 phones on plan (2 have unlimited data as one is my Q and other is husband's BB).

They removed the data charge from his phone and apologized. Just check your bill, & if wrong, have hem fix it! You have a contract with them. They will honor it.