camera settings

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by kell329, Dec 6, 2010.

1. kell329

kell329 New Member

I just got my phone last week and my pics are coming out funky and I see all the settings but what in the world would I set them on? Thanks in advance ...love my phone!!
  2. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

How are they coming out funky? Are you pressing halfway to focus before committing to the shot?
  3. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Like izzypizzy mentioned half-pressing the camera button focuses the shot then press it fully to finally commit to the picture you want.

There are some optimal settings I have found to improve the image:
    AF Mode - Normal
    White Balance - Automatic
    Image Effect - None
    Contrast - High
    Saturation - High
    Sharpness - High
    EV - 0
    ISO - 50
    Metering - Center Weighted
    Photo Quality - High
    Wide Dynamic Range - On
    Photo Resolution - 5M (2560x1920)
    Anti-Shaking - On

Of course the above settings are considered "optimal" for amateur users pending you also have the time to set all of the above settings before taking the picture. Unfortunately, at the moment each time you close and re-open the camera all settings reset.
    kell329 likes this.
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I know nothing about photography, but I was under the impression that a higher ISO setting was better?
  5. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

High ISO isn't better, but it is necessary to capture a picture in low light situations, if the lightning is good, the lower the ISO, the better, because the higher the ISO, the more noise is introduced into the image
    kell329 likes this.
  6. kell329

kell329 New Member

Thanks yall... see. had no idea about ISO and it was low light situation. And not sure if I was pressing half way. I had just gotten the phone the day before :confused:I will try it all
  7. kell329

kell329 New Member

AWESOME... thank you
  8. jab119

jab119 Member

the best advice i can give is to practice and experiment with the camera settings to get an understanding of what feature does what to the photo. I can read all day long about the options, but until can actually see what happens i really wont understand it.

James
    kell329 likes this.
  9. kell329

kell329 New Member

Thank you. I do not like that when I change the settings once I close the camera it resets .. but eh it's a new phone.. I am sure in time they will have the kinks worked out I love it just the same