Camera problem, should be easy fix??

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by iam99x, Jun 8, 2008.

1. iam99x

iam99x New Member

Well, I'm not. I'm obviously not as advanced as you are with cell phone registries. I was simply confused by your post.

:wink:

Now, I was reading in a hack thread that you couldn't find a way to overclock your Q9h.

Did you ever figure that one out? I'd love to do that, because mine is slow at times, and the only applications I use are Text Messaging and Opera. I constantly close things out. It bothers me to know that I have applications running when I'm not using them. That's how I am about my computer too lol.
  2. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Yeah figured it out, since I have the Q9h from At&t, it is already running at a higher clock speed and plus the registry structures are different for each and every type since they have their own proprietary integrations as well. You are already running faster.
  3. iam99x

iam99x New Member

But, faster isn't fast enough. I hate when it locks up for a second. So...no way has been discovered of doing this?
  4. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Well it has to do with the fact that some developers write for crap and they don't optimize their codes and they are resource hogs. 6.1 is supposed to implement thread threshold control which will throttle down or even block resource process hogs that cause the hang ups and then there is always the fact that the more you are running the slower it gets and the volume of information it might be trying to load too. Its better than what it was but it can always be improved, CE foundation is still developing but now can be found in most any GPS so its getting there.
  5. iam99x

iam99x New Member

Ah I see. If only it were simpler...
  6. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

We all wish that....but:

Everyone wants more more more and advanced and awesome and yet they don't realize that makes it less and less simple and adds more and more variables that can go wrong. Its the nature of the beast and life in general.

Why do you think we went from computers that had no hard drive and a 5.25" floppy drive that held EVERYTHING with no onboard memory other than the base 64k to computers that need 3+ GHz with multiple processors 1 Gb+ memory and more than 250gb hard drives? Programs got more complex, better and naturally bigger requiring more resources.

Its a bitch but the price of progress...
  7. iam99x

iam99x New Member

I don't think anyone could've worded that better...

Awesome post^.
  8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Thanks for that.
  9. iam99x

iam99x New Member

:wink: Any time.
  10. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

Sorry for making you mad Guardian. You were just putting it in advanced talk and I put it in pretty much know nothing speak (no offense 99x)

That is a good point with the computers you have there. I wonder how long it'll be before smartphones hiw where computers are now? I know they're getting far because they're making laptops that can whoop on my computer.

One thing I don't get though, the PSP has like NOTHING over the Q, I think it's got like 25 or so mhz, and I'm not sure about the RAM, and the Q was released just over a year after the PSP, but yet the PSP has a NES, SNES, GBA, Dreamcast, and there's probably a couple more emulators that I'm missing, but the Q's got a NES emulator that runs well, but all the other emulators run terribly. It just seems to me like we'd have some more emulators, I guess the PSP's got a better scene, but still, there's a bit of a scene for the smartphones.

Rant over...
  11. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Please don't apologize, I am/was not mad. I am a professional, I don't get mad. It was more of an irk to spend the time trying to help someone and get the whatever treatment. Anyway its been fixed and is a moot point.

On the second part of what you said, if I may add my 2 cents from a developer's perspective. Game machines (whether handheld or playing systems) have ALOT of power and are often even used by researchers to pool them into producing simulations. They contain this power because, 1) they are specialized to perform a specific task (render 3d wireframes in real time based on a designated fps) so they have nothing else to worry about or be tasked with so the resources are all dedicated to that task making it run faster without interuptions and 2) the fact mentioned in #1 also accounts for why the entire game no matter how awesome or beautiful or complex always fits on a single disc because the principle code is reusable due to what its doing (graphics and math processes) and nothing else. This is the reason why game consoles are generally banned as export items to countries on the black list because believe it or not, the simple yet powerful interface can be tied and used to fuel all kinds of nasty weapons. This was also true with arcade games which if you notice fit on a single chip which is now mostly in simple ROM files which you can emulate and run. The emulators are built by programmers to feed the command arguments to the ROM code to make it do what it did on the actual machine. Basically the code is acting as the machine interface that was attached to that chip which is now software handled. This means that the programmers who make the emulators have to have a VERY good understanding of how the original platform worked and generally that means its generalized to other ROMS as well but not always. Sometimes, the way the code is written to emulate is way too bloated or resource intensive to run on a device that handles many other tasks and is not dedicated to running a single or hard coded tasks like a PSP or similar. Anyway, this damn thing got long, sorry...

maybe more on another day....
  12. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

So long story short, the PSP can do it because it doesn't have to worry about people calling and such? Also, I got this out of what you were saying, not sure if you intended this to be said, but the people on the PSP scene understand more about the consoles they're writing the emulator from as well as the PSP than the people on the Q's scene? I don't really know what point you were trying to make with the weapon making part though...
  13. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Short answer, YES on both counts. Slight clarification, the reason the PSP people can write better emulators is both that their device is not bogged down by a huge amount of other tasks and processes (segway, disabling McAfee's real-time scan will greatly improve your performance too) and that their platform is a streamlined, specialized and custom one which doesn't have a huge SDK potential outside of what it does. Q is based on the Windows CE platform which has been greatly improved since its days of being written in C and VB to now being written in .NET mobile framework to try and enable more features, more flexibility and more functionality and potential for development. In fact, many of the micronotebook and built-in operating system devices are beginning to use full fledged embedded xp and vista which makes them as good as a regular machine. As such, it has a HUGE code base in its SDK to make it that versatile and complex capable in any area frankly and that makes it harder to learn, harder to code and more likely to have issues. If one was to sit there and simply read out the name of every class in the .net framework, it would be a week before you finished framework one and another few to cover 1.1, 2.0, 2.1, 3 and now 3.5. Just saying.
  14. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

EDIT: Off topic, I know, but is there a way to turn off the keypad light on the Q1? Mine makes a really annoying buzzing sound whenever it's on.
  15. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

You are welcome.
    try holding the mail/backlight button until i turns off ( 2 keys to the left of the space key ) as suggested and found here: phone-won-t-vibrate-keypad-light-won-t-turn-off

other than that, I don't know what to tell you, as I don't have this problem or experience with the original Q, sorry.
  16. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

I meant permanently turn it off, but that's okay, I should be getting a new one in about a week or so.
  17. wardenclyffe

wardenclyffe New Member

Fix for dead referenced link

That link has an extra HTTP after the good one so here is the fixed link:

http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/m...pad-light-wont-turn-off-21150.html#post189786

:dft003:cool
  18. Kunal Bansal

Kunal Bansal New Member

i am still not able to get it right....dont know wats the pblm...m completely noob to a windows phone...
  19. Kunal Bansal

Kunal Bansal New Member

guyz the disabling conditions folder appear in my OEM and i think its because of that i am not able to make my camera work
  20. snipper

snipper New Member

i cant open my cam nor can see a camera driver of program..can u helpme....motorola q9h