Calling smart developers: Stop Bing 4 auto upgrade!!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by masimca, Jul 26, 2010.

1. masimca

masimca New Member

Calling smart developers: Stop Bing 4 auto upgrade!!

There is a legion of Bing mobile users who have been left in the dust with the latest forced upgrade of version 4 to version 5. Version 5 has cut out a lot of very nice and critical features like real-time GPS turn by turn direction tracking, true full screen map view, more intuitive interface (in my opinion) to name a few.

After much research, it appears that non-Verizon subscribers get to retain many of the good features, but Verizon forces you to by the VZ Navigator if you expect to use turn by turn GPS navigation ($10/mo). So that only leave out a few million users!

Are there any slick developers out there that can either prevent v4 of Bing from doing a version check or have v5 retain the navigation for Verizon phones?
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

3. masimca

masimca New Member

Thanks for the link and I have since found the same and installed the cab. It is V5 but retains the "Navigation" button for VZW users so very cool and I can live with it!. However, there are still a ton of users who still prefer V4 of Bing Mobile that have posted on many sites including Microsoft begging to remove the forced upgrade of Bing 4 App (link). If anyone can figure out how to stop the Bing 4 app from doing the upgrade check, I would actually go back to using V4 and thousands of other users would worship the individual who could pull that off.
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

Yep... the Search, fuel price, etc. are missed. I liked those options in V4. I actually had both versions functional on my TP2 until the forced upgrade.